Respected Contributor

Re: A263353 Ombre Tunic...A, B, or C?

@debsters wrote:

Could someone who has the alabaster color describe the colors, is it cream colors, grey colors. I can't seem to find either a picture or description anywhere and I did ask earlier, but no one answered. I really would appreciate if someon would be willing answer my question pretty please.

@debsters, I am sorry I did not notice your previous question about the alabaster color. Click on the link below to go to a thread that will show that color. You just have to scroll down a bit through it and then you will see all three of the colors I've asked about including the alabaster. HTH! 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Linea-by-Louis-Dell-Olio/Linea-Alabaster-Ombre-Tunic-A263353-Arrived/m-...

Respected Contributor

@debsters, couple of more things just so there's no confusion. To be clear on the colors that are posted in that thread, the first one is Blueberry, the second is Coral and the third is Alabaster. The next two colors are no longer available for purchase. The very last color is Peacock. It is still available but only in the smaller sizes.

Hope this helps you! 

Contributor

@diamondscribe wrote:

@debsters, the alabaster combination starts with alabaster at the neckline with light silvery taupe striations here and there. It then shades to wheat as more of the taupe/gray works into the pattern toward the midriff of the garment. From there it darkens more over the stomach into dark taupe. Toward the hip, because there is so much more play of dark gray overlapping warm medium taupe, there are here and there what almost looks like khaki (where the two colors meld). The bottom few inches are dark charcoal toward black at the hemline. At least that is what my alabaster tunic has.

However, Louis has said that larger sizes (mine is plus size) will have more of the alabaster cream at the top and shoulder. In other words, it appears that as a garment gains in length and width, he and the manufacturer didn't simply make the pattern's striations bigger, they simply added more across but kept the change over from light to dark in the same needed areas - even when sizing up. As a plus size, I appreciate them not doing what most companies do, i.e. simply make the pattern markings bigger.  I think that is why LL of all sizes and heights write about this top being so slimming.

I also think this is why some of the small end of the size range see the alabaster as different from the all-alabaster tops we ordered previously. I have lots of alabaster in the top of my tunic, but an xxs might see it as a different color if the gray and taupe markings start in closer to the face on a much more petite frame.

Adding an edit: the gray in the shading isn't a cool steel gray. It is more warm, sooty gray before shading to full black.

Wow thank you so very much for your great description and extra input. I do appreciate that. It sounds like I'm going to have to get this color.😊

Contributor

Thank you for your response and help on finding the picture.

Spoiler
Spoiler
😊

Thank you @diamondscribe for the time you kindly took to perfectly describe to @debsters the Alabaster Tunic color/hues and patterning info. Particularly useful as I can wear a plus size.  I've learned so much these last few years from you and lady named Goldie, and certainly, others. God Bless. 

Respected Contributor

OP here. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a tunic! It arrived today. I just tried it on and I am happy to say I really like it...and I'm no light weight, either. I wear a 1X. What color did I choose? Drum roll, please, it was C...Coral for the win. Ha! I don't even know why I ultimately decided on that one but I do like the color. I think I am even going to order an alabaster one, too. I love that color but I just don't know if it will love my fair coloring back. LOL!

Now, there are couple of things I don't like. My tunic has a distinct odor, but I trust it will go away. I also wish the sleeve opening was fitted so that you could pull them up and they would stay. But I knew from the presentation that this was likely not the case so it's not a deal breaker or anything.

Anyway, thanks again to all of you kind ladies who responded to my post. I appreciate you very much!

pup       

Respected Contributor

Yay! Glad you ordered it and liked it! C was my first choice for you, although they are all beautiful (I got all three). I wore the alabaster the other day. Even though it's not my best color, I just wore a little extra eye makeup and a little lip color (I get lazy about applying lipstick). I wore it with black jeans and it looked really good, imo. I didn't notice an odor with mine, hope yours goes away after washing. Enjoy it!
Honored Contributor

I always wash the clothing under cold wash & rinse to remove any strange bag smells. I hang to dry.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

My alabaster tunic arrived yesterday. Colorization is very sophisticated looking and the tunic elegantly skims the body.  The tunic looks wonderful with my Linea black slim ankle pants as well as my Linea Lt. Khaki slim ankle pants. I think alabaster top is a better match to those slim ankle pants than the alabaster pants coming in July. The tunic is is a keeper.  I felt that it would be a great travel top as  you could dress it up or down.  But the real prize of the tunic is the dark part of the tunic skims the fattest part of the hip.

Respected Contributor

Okay, this is kinda funny. I was just looking at the post from GraceCo and in it there are pictures of Jac wearing the ombre tunics. In the pics I noticed Jac was able to push the sleeves up and they did stay and hugged her arms. So I've decided the problem here is with me and not the tunic. My body is big, size 1X, and my arms are skinny and more like an XS. Ha!!!