Respected Contributor

Re: A259620 Linea WK Swing Sweater

I have the tobacco swing sweater and the walnut skirt, and they look great together especially with the matching walnut Linea tights.

Contributor

Thank you Bree.  I am heartbroken today because when I got my confirm email from the Q the order was completely wrong.  I had placed it (stupidly) over the phone and I ordered the Tobacco in the 1X and they are sending me the Pink in XL.  How did that happen??

I went back immediately for the Tobacco and now it's sold out!!  I have nothing now to match the walnut skirt.  Only available in my size was merlot which won't match.  I don't have a black skirt only aubergine and walnut.  So now I have a bunch of stuff that does not match.

I am very angry with QVC and am annoyed that the only response was that  they can't get me an item that is sold out.  Big help after shopping here for 25 years.

WinterGirl~

Honored Contributor

@WinterGirl

Look at this thread for other suggestions to wear with the skirt:
http://community.qvc.com/t5/Linea-by-Louis-Dell-Olio/Looking-for-Tobacco-Nutmeg-Colored-Print-Tops/m...

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

@WinterGirl wrote:

Thank you Bree.  I am heartbroken today because when I got my confirm email from the Q the order was completely wrong.  I had placed it (stupidly) over the phone and I ordered the Tobacco in the 1X and they are sending me the Pink in XL.  How did that happen??

I went back immediately for the Tobacco and now it's sold out!!  I have nothing now to match the walnut skirt.  Only available in my size was merlot which won't match.  I don't have a black skirt only aubergine and walnut.  So now I have a bunch of stuff that does not match.

I am very angry with QVC and am annoyed that the only response was that  they can't get me an item that is sold out.  Big help after shopping here for 25 years.

WinterGirl~

So sorry for the mix up. The merlot has some red to it so I think it could be worn with the walnut skirt. Also any black top would work with the walnut skirt. Ivory, aubergine, pink, as well as teal could work with the walnut skirt. Just take the skirt and begin looking at the tops you have. You will find lots of tops you already own that will work with it I am sure.

Super Contributor

@WinterGirl

Keep checking back - there is a 1x right now !! 11 am pacific time

Respected Contributor

Check every day.  Last year I desperately wanted the black swing sweater.  It sold out in seconds when it appeared on PM  Style.  I stalked forever I finally got one in my size.  I could not believe it.  The swing sweater is so fabulous.  It immediately take 10 pounds off of your body.

Contributor

Thank you all so much.  I feel very welcome here.  Thank you Moto for alerting me to the availability of the Tobacco.  I just went and ordered it and I'm very happy now.  Thank you to Breee, Culebra, JustJazzmom, MarilynM and MacDuff for the suggestions and information and the welcome.

I've shopped QVC for 25 years now and I have been disappointed in the lack of quality in some lines lately (along with the rising prices).  This Linea line seems to be high quality at reasonable prices for what you are receiving.  I want to ask how you all care for your Whisper Knit pieces?  Do you ever have issues with pilling?  The softness and the weight is just wonderful and I hope to get some long wear from them.

Thanks again,

WinterGirl~

Respected Contributor

WinterGirl

You will not be sorry you purchased the swing sweater. Whenever I wear the Linea swing sweater or Tortoise jacket, people always tell me how slim I look.  Louis Dell Olio is the best designer on QVC. He is a 3 time Coty Award winner and has been inducted in the Coty Hall of Fame.  Lately when I have traveled my whole suitcase is almost all Linea. 

Valued Contributor

@WinterGirl

I use the hand wash or the delicate cycle on my machine.  I do put the WK in a mesh laundry bag. I then put in dryer for a few minutes and then lay flat to dry. I have never had any problems with the WK pilling. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ususally hand wash my whisper knit sweaters in color coordinated Woolite in cold water and dry flat on a mesh screen I purchased from Bed Bath and Beyond. The whisper knit sweaters never fade or pill and turn out like new.