Regular Contributor

That is kind of mean. I do wear 3/4 sleeves. No need to be nasty. You sure don't have Louis's graciousness!

Respected Contributor

Re: A Message from Louis

[ Edited ]

@maggi the cat wrote:

That is kind of mean. I do wear 3/4 sleeves. No need to be nasty. You sure don't have Louis's graciousness!

Some people are just miserable, and Linea has items with 3/4 sleeves!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

To attest to the quality and his classic styles, they LAST!

Maybe that's the problem, QVC is into 'disposable' clothing and style 'trends' (short lived) these days.

And lord knows they're wearing out the 'CA chic' styles/brands.

None of those brands/styles are 'on trend' with the general populous in CA and celebs wear true designers/brands.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Spurt 

To attest to the quality and his classic styles, they LAST!

Maybe that's the problem, QVC is into 'disposable' clothing and style 'trends' (short lived) these days.

And lord knows they're wearing out the 'CA chic' styles/brands.

None of those brands/styles are 'on trend' with the general populous in CA and celebs wear true designers/brands.

@KingstonsMom 

Perhaps that's where Linea "failed", his clothing always stayed in style, and the superb quality didn't wear out.......QVC is really into this "psuedo California vibe"....they can have it.... Im just not a California type person..... 😉😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt 

I lived in LA for many years, it's not 'all that' and it's certainly not a 'fashion hub', LOL!

The general populous would never pay $60 for a thin t-shirt or a sweatshirt that pills after 5 washings and the people with 'money' wouldn't be caught dead in them.

And I dare ya' to look around and find ANYONE wearing 'affirmations' on their clothes, unless they're under the age of 7.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I wish Louis well.  His letter says it all.

QVC, big mistake.....huge.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maggi the cat wrote:

@maggi the cat  @mom2four0418 

I apologize and reworded my post....What I was trying to  explain that some of us in warmer climates want short sleeves and sleeveless tops but QVC seems to offer fewer and fewer of these options ....I'm just so tired of hearing hosts and vendors say heavy jackets and layered looks can be worn all year---NOT IN TEXAS!!! I've even written to a couple of the vendors to explain this. Most businesses and homes are turning up their thermostats to get a savings on their utility bills....and there's even rolling "brown outs" for 30 minute intervals where the Utility Company turns off ACs for those with "smart thermostats" when it hits peak temperatures (they call them energy action days)....so even A/Cs arent that cold in stores, offices, and homes....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

I wish Louis well.  His letter says it all.

QVC, big mistake.....huge.

@grandma r 

LOL!

Reminds me of the famous line by Julia Roberts in 'Pretty Woman', when the Rodeo Dr. boutiques wouldn't wait on her.....classic!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Nice of you to reword and explain to others, although I knew what you 'meant', since I live in the hot, humid South (coastal GA)!

Valued Contributor

Thank you for your heartfelt letter to your QVC customers.  Reading it brought me great sadness.  You are a great designer and a true gentleman who will be greatly missed.