Respected Contributor

Re: A List of People Whose Linea Orders Have Been Mishandled

To the poster who blamed Louis Del Olio for not caring about his customers: I don't know ANY designer who cares more. That is why we were asked to make a list.

I do very little shopping at the Q but do read the boards. I highly suspect that if this post were in another forum it would have many comments.

For me Linea started having problems in the past year. But because of the early sellouts being sent the wrong item imeans shoppers never recieve the right item and the Q loses money and customers.

Super Contributor

Wrong size of trench coat sent. Correct size was sold out.

Trusted Contributor

I have had similar problems with purchased no matter what I order. Usually the wrong size is sent. Sometimes the plastic bag has the correct size, only to discover inside is a different size. I have shopped with QVC for years and had basically no returns until the past year or two. I have had to return quite a few items. Either broken, wrong size, defective zippers, pant legs different lengths and the list goes on.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I had called CS about my messed up orders, he said Q had recently hired their holiday staff and there was "a big learning curve" with them. He did give me a $10 credit on a future item.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

I ordered a Big Deal leather jacket in navy on 10/10 before the show and it remained "in process" for 9 days until going to "backorder" on 10/19. Two days later, it went back to "in process" where it remains. This is not an isolated incident and seems to occur routinely with sold out Linea items.

I ordered the Linea suit jacket and pants in black and mushroom and received incorrect sizes, which were later corrected. When I called CS, they said there were a lot of complaints about sizing mix-ups with this suit.
Contributor

Something was going on with A34316 Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Regular Fly Front Pants.  I had ordered 12 black and it sat "In Process" forever.  Then it looked like it was available, so after about 3 weeks? I decided to cancel the original and reorder again.  I had done this same thing with J354004 Paddle Necklace, so I thought this would be my best option.  Funny thing is that I don't have the 2nd order.  It is possible that I forgot to "Submit Order", but usually when you do that, the items move to "My Saved Items" and the pants never showed up there.  I have no idea what really happened.

I do believe the problems at the QVC warehouses effect all products and not just Linea.  I had ordered the TSV A309638 Alegria Printed Nubuck Slip-On Shoes with Cross Strap - Lauryn in E38 Wine Weave.  When the package arrived, the shoe box, not the shipping box, was completely crushed.  The label on the shoebox was correct to what I ordered, but inside were Pewter Thread instead.  It really seemed like there must have been a complete disaster in the warehouse and they tried to put all the shoes back in the boxes, but didn't quite get it all correct, because afterall, shoes don't have the color names on the soles.  I called QVC support to see what could be done, but they were not very sympathetic or helpful.  I had 2 choices; keep what I got or return for refund on my expense.  The whole thing left a bad a taste in my mouth.

Honored Contributor

@morganjen wrote:

When I had called CS about my messed up orders, he said Q had recently hired their holiday staff and there was "a big learning curve" with them. He did give me a $10 credit on a future item.

@morganjen  So, welcome to the era of year-round Christmas help.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered J387779 set of four earrings on 10/18, today (10/25) my order was cancelled without explanation. Not happy QVC!

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most recently, I had orders placed for the Mushroom & Black colored blazers & matching slacks that were placed “in process” & then flipped back & forth between “waitlist, in process & backordered.” I was fortunate that my orders eventually did come through, but it shouldn’t have happened. Yesterday, I received the beautiful Black trench coat that was on “waitlist.” I was thrilled until I searched for the belt. There was No belt! Cust Serv said I could send the coat back or receive a discount for the missing belt! Seriously? There’s no way I want to send the coat back! I’ll NEVER see another coat! I finally called Corp as CS was no help & a very pleasant woman said she will attempt to find a Sz 18 Black belt.  I’d be happy with a Black 16! The same sort of problem has happened with other Linea orders in the past! Why?

Mr Dell ‘Olio has a strong following because he knows how to dress a woman. His garments are classic & beautifully tailored. His jewelry is beautiful too. Does QVC really want to lose all of the Linea customers? If I could, I would purchase Linea items elsewhere & be done with QVC!

I’m glad this List was started & thank you to whomever started it. In the meantime, I’ll have to hope that a Black sz 18 trenchcoat belt is sent my way.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@RLT106 wrote:

Most recently, I had orders placed for the Mushroom & Black colored blazers & matching slacks that were placed “in process” & then flipped back & forth between “waitlist, in process & backordered.” I was fortunate that my orders eventually did come through, but it shouldn’t have happened. Yesterday, I received the beautiful Black trench coat that was on “waitlist.” I was thrilled until I searched for the belt. There was No belt! Cust Serv said I could send the coat back or receive a discount for the missing belt! Seriously? There’s no way I want to send the coat back! I’ll NEVER see another coat! I finally called Corp as CS was no help & a very pleasant woman said she will attempt to find a Sz 18 Black belt.  I’d be happy with a Black 16! The same sort of problem has happened with other Linea orders in the past! Why?

Mr Dell ‘Olio has a strong following because he knows how to dress a woman. His garments are classic & beautifully tailored. His jewelry is beautiful too. Does QVC really want to lose all of the Linea customers? If I could, I would purchase Linea items elsewhere & be done with QVC!

I’m glad this List was started & thank you to whomever started it. In the meantime, I’ll have to hope that a Black sz 18 trenchcoat belt is sent my way.

Contact Louis on his blog to see if his manufacturer can send one to you. Several people were missing epaulettes on their trenches & Louis & his manufacturer resolved the problem.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼