Trusted Contributor

A Closer Look: Embroidered Tunic and Crop Pant

“THE BLACK EMB. TUNIC & CROP PANT”

…………………………GAUZE CREPE has become a Linea Ladies FAVORITE, and for good reasons……When I first found the fabric it reminded me of a Gauze crepe I bought years ago in Italy. It was a wool and poly blend. Polyesters were beginning to show up on many of the best fabric lines……………………..For the July transition group, Gauze Crepe was a natural choice. It is light weight, trans-seasonal, has a beautiful drape, tailors well, and is easy to care for. It also takes colors beautifully…………….What came first the chicken or the egg? In this case the FLORAL SOFT SKIRT, A341732 and A341733 came first. I thought what a fabulous fall look to have the print skirt with an EMBROIDERED tunic to coordinate….It has a very BOHEMIAN, Russian folkloric timeless look. It also reminds me of an Yves ST. Laurent Russian collect from many many years ago.I took the colors from the skirt in their purist form, and used them for the emb. When I designed the emb. the first thing I heard was….”too much emb…too close together” I knew they were worried more about the cost then the design of the emb. I just couldn’t compromise because I knew it was right. So, what you see is the original version. Not one flower, leaf or stitch was eliminated…..The Crepe Gauze tunic has a jewel neckline with a frame and a placket button front, Henley style…….It has 3/4 length sleeves, and very deep side slits. These side slits allow you to easily put your hand into the pockets of the matching CREPE GAUZE CROP PANT, A341736 for the reg., and A341737 for the petite. In cold weather add a black TN or a color one to pick up the colors of the emb. The tunic looks great worn straight or belted. I chose a vintage rayon cord knotted belt from my Linea collection from years ago. I’m sure you can find them on ebay. A341732 is the style number of the tunic….Petites rejoice! The emb. tunic will also be avail. in a PETITE LENGTH, A341733……The crop pant with the tunic, and a sandal or wedge makes it perfect for immediate wearing, and will be perfect with so many things you already own….Come fall and winter add tights and boots for a true Cossack look….a very CHIC COSSACK!……I have chosen the NEW CARNIVAL NECKLACE in the PLUM color…..Be for warned…the new necklaces in all four colors are limited, so snatch what you want when it becomes avail. in September…………..This tunic will be featured on July 16th at 3:00pm, QVC1, on the Kerstin’s Closet show…………………..This is a beauty….I can honestly say…..the emb. is SUPERB!…………………………………….enjoy……………………much Love…………………………..Louis

“THE BLACK EMB. TUNIC & CROP PANT CON’T”

…………………………….The Embroidered tunic with the matching crop pant is perfect for transitioning from summer to fall. It is no accident that the PLUM CARNIVAL colors work perfectly!….The colors of the emb. in the photos are a little more bright than they actually are……………………….enjoy………………..much Love………………Louis

“TEAL EMB. TUNIC & CROP PANT”

………………………………… A TRUE TEAL is not a color you see too often. It has too have just the right amount of green it in…..not too much….The darker the color, the richer the color looks, but not too dark or the color isn’t clear. Above, you see the Emb. tunic with the matching crop Crepe Gauze pant….The necklace is my new TEAL CARNIVAL necklace with GUNMETAL accents…..If you aren’t sure what color shoes to wear I would chose GUNMETAL for a sandal. I believe Nine west, Isaac and perhaps Vince Camuto all have gunmetal sandals or shoes…..For a boot I would go for BLACK SUEDE…..They go with everything…………………enjoy……………….much Love……………….Louis

“THE TEAL EMB. TUNIC CON’T”

…………………..The TEAL EMB. tunic with the NAVY FLORAL SKIRT…………………….enjoy……….much Love………………….Louis

“THE MERLOT EMB. TUNIC”

…………………The  colors of the MERLOT EMBROIDERED CREPE GAUZE TUNIC, A341734, like the other emb. tunics, were taken from the FLORAL CRINKLE GEORGETTE SKIRT, A341732/A341733. If you love embroidered clothes you will love this tunic. No matter what fashion magazine or catalogue I look at embroidered clothes are plentiful. This emb. is very romantic, very folkloric. As i said before, years ago Yes St. Laurent did what was called the “RUSSIAN COLLECTION”. There were many floral embroideries on sweaters, blouses and jackets all shown with beautiful floral printed challis long skirts…..many Boho style…….Is this the same quality as a St Laurent….no, of course not, BUT, if a model were walking down the St. Laurent runway no one would no the difference. The emb. is just as elaborate, and no one can tell a silk crinkle georgette from a poly crinkle georgette from just looking at them…..the printing is that good. The merlot top can be matched with the new matching CREPE GAUZE CROP PANT, A341736 reg./ A341737 petite, the matching Moss Crepe Merlot maxi, A341729/A341730, and the floral skirt. Of course there are many bottoms that you own already, like jeans, and a new cotton/rayon/span jean cut pant, coming this month, that would work perfectly with the emb. tops……….Is this for everyone….absolutely not!….but how special you will look walking into a restaurant. It will be perfect, and oh so comfortable for the Holidays coming in just a few months……………………………enjoy……….much Love……….Louis

Honored Contributor

Re: A Closer Look: Embroidered Tunic and Crop Pant

This is finally my time to buy one of Louis's nonpareil embroidered pieces.  I skipped the baseball jacket because I would not have gotten much use out of it -- and I did not discover the Linea line until after the golden days of silk, cashmere and lush embroideries -- so the time is now.  Certainly there is an explosion of floral this and floral that all over the place at the present time, and Louis is a master of embroidery.

Now, which color tunic to buy?

Honored Contributor

Colors on the black are too bold for me. Teal would be my choice.

Honored Contributor

Auntg,

As a Burgundy/Wine/Merlot lover, I am leaning heavily that way but do love the Teal, too.

The black is not too bright for me, personally, but I shy away from black.

Honored Contributor

I like the merlot too. @golding76

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Choices! So torn between the black (always appropriate) and the teal (gorgeous). Liked the skirt shown yesterday, but this is the "love" that makes it all happen!! Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I really love this top! Louis does his embroidery at the highest possible level too.

I can't decide yet, am leaning toward the teal or merlot because they are two of my best colors, and I drift towards black too often.  I probably will wear with non-matching bottoms, jeans, black slim pants, etc., for a more casual deconstructed look that is best for me now. 

However, with a black bottom, skirt or pants, and a black longish blazer or topper or cardi,  I think the contrast of the teal or merlot would be stunning. 

Honored Contributor

@author, there are gauze crepe long pants in dark sand or black (A293755 or A293756) as an option over the matching crops.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

I may have to get all three. I love embroidery and especially Louis’ embroidery.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@anniebethsmom @Purseone @JustJazzmom @author @golding76 @GraceCO Finally received the teal skirt to wear with this embroidered top. While trying on the complete outfit, I realized it looked very familiar!

Went into my sweater closet (had to dig a while) and found two Louis Del'Olio 60% cotton/40% acrylic sweaters which have the same gorgeous embroidery on the bell sleeves! Item #62177 in red and black. Both are stunning!

Seems I wore them last winter with LDO's WK black and red skirts because I had both sweaters cleaned in February 2018 (but removed them from plasic bags). Gotta love classic LDO clothing! Have no idea how old these two pieces are, but the embroidery is stunning and both sweaters remain like new. Heart   

Money screams; wealth whispers.