Respected Contributor

Re: A 293757 India Print Tunic Beyond Beautiful!!!

I agree with @golding76@GraceCO@author@crazycockermom

I have returned coveted Linea items because they did not look as good as I would have wanted them to look.  For example I loved everything about the black print boho skirt and matching blouse/tank.  When I tried them on, they just did not do it for me.  I had avoided the boho skirt because I felt I would be overwhelmed.  I gave in on the black print outfit largely due to the print.  I was correct about the boho skirt and I had to sadly return.  Right now I am on the fence about the black 3 piece gauze crepe outfit. It is a lovely outfit, but I am not sure about the jacket.  I like more fitted clothing. 

There are other things I initially avoided because I did not think I would like them. For example the animal tortoise jacket.  I did not purchase until I purchased the topaz color. When it arrived, I was so delighted I purchased gray, brown and olive jackets.  So taking chances goes both ways!

I like that we discuss Linea clothing on the forums.  All of the Linea ladies are so helpful as to sizing, opinions, ideas etc.  I always look forward to hearing your opinions on Louis's designs. It is fun also!  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@culebra I think the crepe gauze pieces look wonderful but I prefer to break up all black by wearing a different colored top to the pants and cardigan.

I do agree that many of us love to talk fashion and that some items are not going to work with our specific body types or maybe we dislike the design.

I tried the chemise dress in the slate gray; loved the color but not the dress. 

The baseball jacket I felt was not for me so I had no interest in it. 

I'm just glad we all like different things. It would be very boring if we all liked the same things, no?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

For me, what is so great about this particular forum is we are not afraid to go against the tide of opinion; all opinions are valuable and add to the information here so all can order what works best.  

I've been guilty of being swept up in the excitement for a particular item and ordered it, then sadly had to return.  I don't do that often now, I've learned my sizes, styles that work for my body shape and my lifestyle, and have done much better, plus I've enjoyed reading all the comments, even about items I did not choose for myself.

But with that said, due to the reviews and advice here I've ventured into uncharted seas and come up with some fantastic new looks for myself!  Slim ankle pants indeed.......!

Honored Contributor

author,

"But with that said, due to the reviews and advice here I've ventured into uncharted seas and come up with some fantastic new looks for myself!  Slim ankle pants indeed.......!"

Precisely.  The influence of the group is two-fold, just as you wrote above, author.  Sometimes the intense satisfaction and delight some of you have experienced with an item I wasn't quite sure of pushed me to try it.  And oftentimes I was so glad I did!   Thank you for your sincere enthusiasms.

My story of the tortoise jacket mirrors that of Culebra.  I hesitated, balked, refused.  Then I tried it, and it is one of my all-time favorite Linea garments!

Something within gives you a hint to try an item your're uncertain about; and that same something tells you yeah, that is beautiful on Harriet but on you it won't work.

All in all, I am pleased with the workings on this forum. 

Honored Contributor

Tobacco, nutmeg, topaz and tortoise shell colors work well with my coloring -- a fair olive skinned brunette.

I would love a Linea Leisure pant with pockets in the tobacco color.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom check A268212 in the Dark Umber. A truly beautiful shade that is within the color scheme you've described. Plus I was very pleased at how well this color coordinated with so many of the Linea autumnal colored pieces. It's rich, smart and sofisticated. Well worth a look ...

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom

I passed on the chemise dress also. Initially I was unsure about the baseball jacket also.  I purchased on a whim at the last minute the black baseball jacket - was not sure about it.  It was much prettier in person and so flattering. Louis made a smart decision when he decided to not put that striped material around the bottom of the jacket. His design decision made all the difference in the world regarding slimness and a flattering jacket.

Thanks for the tip on changing the shell with the black gauze outfit. I have changed the top on the three piece gauze outfit with the ivory featherweight shell. There is nothing wrong with the outfit even with the black shell.  I am unsure of the jacket.  Still deciding.

Honored Contributor

A268216 @rochelleS

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom 

Thanks. I'm having a dyslexic morning.

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76

Was it the gray tortoise/jacquard jacket you're stalking in lg.?