Respected Contributor

72" Couture Necklace or 5-Strand Couture Necklace

I am having a tough time deciding between the two.  Not sure I want both.  

What do you think about these?  Do you have a preference of one over the other, and if so, why?  

Thanks in advance.

Valued Contributor

Re: 72" Couture Necklace or 5-Strand Couture Necklace

I think you are referring to J 491857/3.  I would choose the 72" because it is more versitle.  You can wear it long or short.  It is a few $ less.  I think more bang for the buck.  Personally, I think the longer one is prettier and less dated.  So there! :-)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKWA Thank you for your opinion.  I finally found a video for the 72" necklace on the discounted floral blouse (A385146) that comes in the red/green/blue and the plum/green colorways. It looks really nice, and I agree that it is more versatile.

Respected Contributor

I could not decide either.  Both necklaces are lovely.  Ultimately I purchased the 72" necklace.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@culebra I just ordered the five-strand to compare it to the 72" one.  While I do thoroughly enjoy wearing longer necklaces, I also really like the look of the five strand.  The five strand looks like something straight out of a treasure chest (if one uses their childhood imagination to visualize it comprised of gold chains and gemstones, of course) and it would really fill in an open neckline as well as work over a turtleneck.  I have two dresses with unfortunate plunging necklines that I need to pin together or creatively use a scarf in order to wear, so I want to try both necklaces against these dresses, so I can determine which one is the winner, if either.  Not sure I would want to wear both necklaces at the same time, for a super dramatic look, but who knows?  Perhaps I will.  Free shipping and the discounted price convinced me to order the other one, too.  I will receive the 72" one today.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear Jersey Born, I have them both and love them both. The 5 dtrand is the perfect neck filler and really shows under a blazer or jacket. The 72 inch gets hidden. I have worn them together and they work perfectly. I can't honestly say I love one over the other. They are both beauties and worth every penny.

Respected Contributor

@Marlyn1 Thank you for your response.  I can't wait to see them and try them both with my clothing.  I have some navy blouses that I think will be livened up significantly by these necklaces.  I also have very few necklaces in gold, gold vermeil, or with gold-toned metal (as I am primarily a silver girl), so these will work well with all of my handbags that have gold-toned chain straps and hardware, and even with my shoes that have gold-toned touches.  I think I might find I have more of a use for these necklaces than I previously thought.  Here's hoping that's true.