Trusted Contributor

3 New Colors And An Old Favorite: Ombre Tunic

“THE CELADON OMBRE TUNIC”

Q2

……………………Just when you thought you were finished with summer and you had seen the last ombre color for the season……………SURPRISE……………….SURPRISE!!!!!!!…………………………..

This is one of my newest colors………..CELADON……the  tunic style number is A263353……..You can see how one thing influences the other. Did the GREEN PATINA jewelry come first or the print? I can tell you it was the jewelry that inspired the Celadon color for the ombre. There are approx. nine to ten different screens of colors, one overlaying the other, to create the ombre effect. There are subtle taupes, and a variety of greens, starting at the bottom with a deep evergreen color and ending at the top with the palest celadon……….To be completely honest, when I said SURPRISE!, I was surprised to see these new ombre colors scripted in this June show too. They were scheduled to be part of my July TRANSITION show on the 10th. I guess since they were already in and processed…..why hold them almost another month…….I hope you like the three new colors I am offering you plus we are bringing back into inventory the very popular ALABASTER!….If you are wondering what is that beautiful green pant…..it’s new! It’s in the wonderful CREPE GAUZE….It’s a classic pull-on with an elastic top…..It has pockets…..It’s unlined……..It will be avail in Reg. and Petite lengths…….The color is IVY, and it will be avail on my July show!………………………….enjoy………………..much Love…………………………..Louis

“THE STRAWBERRY OMBRE TUNIC”

blueberry2

……The OMBRE PRINT is back in more glorious colors. A263353 is the style number……………PARROT TULIPS…..come to mind when I look at this printed tunic……Each season, when my catalogs come in with all the fall planting bulbs, I marvel at the beauty of the Parrot Tulips. Their variegated markings and the beautiful colors are the perfect example of Mother Nature in all of her glory………The color is called STRAWBERRY, but like the Parrot Tulips, there are so many beautiful colors, that any one of them would make a beautiful solid top……These prints, because of how complicated and intricate they are, are done in a very special factory outside of China, where they print on their own quality of poly jersey….so if you have noticed a difference in the weight, hand and drape of these tops you are correct……The fabric is then shipped to our factory in China where they are cut and sewn…..This definitely adds to the cost, but the end result is so worth it!…..I know many of you have this top in many colors already, and I know it’s hard to resist these new colors. For me they are pieces of art, and worth collecting. I can tell you that these tops, due to their popularity will probably be reordered……but I will bring them back in new colors….so these existing colors can be considered limited additions…………………………………enjoy……………..much Love……………………….Louis

“THE PLUM OMBRE TUNIC”

blueberry1

………………….PLUM…….IRIS…….LAVENDER…….LILAC….GRAPE……..are all the colors represented in this “PLUM” OMBRE TUNIC, A263353………..We all know this was Elizabeth Taylor’s favorite color. Legend has it….it was the color of her eyes…If you don’t think purple is your color, [I can’t think of a good reason why], I strongly suggest you take the leap…..I can promise you will get many compliments……It’s always fun to surprise people who “think” they know you so well, and see you in a color you have never worn before!…….The High/Low hem works particularly well in this tunic because of the print. You can see from the side photos how the deepest colors descend on the body……giving a long and slimming effect. I chose the FROSTED PINK NECKLACE and EARRING set, J321803, because it was PERFECT. The frosted drops actually have a lavender tint which looks marvelous against the purples. The necklace takes the top to another level. Women and men will stare at how seamlessly beautiful it all looks……….This color brings back some childhood memories…..Who made GRAPE KOOLAID ICE CUBES????…..my favorite flavor. My mother used to make them for me, in the old ice trays, and in the summer they were the BEST……As you sucked on them the deep grape color would get paler and paler until it was clear….and then it was gone…….good memories of summer!………………………………………..enjoy……………….much Love…………………………Louis

“THE ALABASTER OMBRE TUNIC”

blueberry

……………….IF………you missed the Alabaster tunic when we first presented it on the 15th of May, we knew it would do well…..so we thought ahead and ordered more for this presentation……Don’t miss out again!……………………………enjoy………….much Love………………………Louis

Respected Contributor

Re: 3 New Colors And An Old Favorite: Ombre Tunic

OH MY! And that fab fish!!!

Esteemed Contributor

My goodness all the colors look so pretty I never ordered this tunic because I have so much Linea - like that really stopped me from ordering more lol, but when I saw Leah with the alabaster tunic on I loved it. 

Here I go again decisions, decisions!

Respected Contributor

I'd been eyeing the Coral Ombre Tunic but I have to say I am liking the Celadon, especially with the Ivy pants (and they come in peitite!!!).  Would this tunic be too long for someone 5'2"?

Contributor

Does anyone know when the new colors are suppose to be available? Sure wish they had been during the easy pay event because I want them all.

Trusted Contributor

It's my understanding these new colors will be shown this month (?). I haven't ordered any of these shirts yet, so I'll pick up the celadon and then get the green pants next month. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually stick with solids, but this is one of my all-time favorite tops. I love the fabric, the beautiful ombre print and the fit. I have it in peacock from last year & purchased every new color this season (wear the alabaster and blue, mostly). Now, I'm faced with the dilemma of whether or not I need one more! Loving the celadon and all the jewelry to go with it.

Trusted Contributor

The fish necklace was well as the beaded necklace will be available on the jewelry program in August, correct? More must haves!

Esteemed Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

I'd been eyeing the Coral Ombre Tunic but I have to say I am liking the Celadon, especially with the Ivy pants (and they come in peitite!!!).  Would this tunic be too long for someone 5'2"?

@sueinsf

I'm 5'2" and I have multiples of this top because I just love it.  Of course, it all depends on how you feel about hi-low tops and flared silouettes.  It happens to be a very flattering style for me that checks off all of my "wants" in a top.  Very figure flattering.  I do find that I need to wear very slim legged pants or leggings when I wear this type of top.  Otherwise the proportions look wrong on me.  There are other long tops that I can't wear, no matter what I pair it with.  If you like the overall shape and are just concerned about the length, I'd definitely say to give it a try.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@sueinsf

I'm 5'2" and I have multiples of this top because I just love it.  Of course, it all depends on how you feel about hi-low tops and flared silouettes.  It happens to be a very flattering style for me that checks off all of my "wants" in a top.  Very figure flattering.  I do find that I need to wear very slim legged pants or leggings when I wear this type of top.  Otherwise the proportions look wrong on me.  There are other long tops that I can't wear, no matter what I pair it with.  If you like the overall shape and are just concerned about the length, I'd definitely say to give it a try.

Thanks @shoesnbags.  I don't wear leggings and I'm not big on hi-low tops, but if it works for you at 5'2" I'm encouraged and thinking of trying the Celadon when it's available.