Respected Contributor

1989 Video - Louis & Jac - Short Hair Styles

A Linea Lady posted a video on the Blog - Elsa Klensch (oh goodness, I remember her Show) discussing the change from long to short hair styles on the runways. Louis and Jac appear at the 2:00 and 2:30 minute mark.  Louis’s designs - oh my!

https://youtu.be/Vt5eprtPpfo

Valued Contributor

Re: 1989 Video - Louis & Jac - Short Hair Styles

Thanks for sharing the video Seka!. Jac and Louis so young and beautiful!! What a treat to look back and see the fashions from that era as well. 

Respected Contributor

What a wonderful video!  I wore my hair short just like many of the models at that time, love it.  Still wear it short but different as times change, hair changes.  Louis and Jac, oh my, young and beautiful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seka,

Thank you a thousand times for posting this video!

The company they kept.

I mean Louis and Jac, of course.  If there is ever any doubt regarding the caliber of designer Louis Dell'Olio is, just replay this video.  If reading about his awards and hearing about (yes, again and again on QVC) his stellar designer's track record still have not impressed you, play this video.

As Louis himself has written, only Bob Mackie may have more designer awards.  Mr. Mackie's brilliant and gorgeous fashions were meant more for the glitzy world rather than the everyday work and leisure world, however.

May I repeat myself?  We are indeed extremely fortunate to have the likes of Louis Dell'Olio creating designs that we can afford to buy -- and off the Internet, too.  

Honored Contributor

Did anyone notice the square earrings on Jac? Look like the Byzantine earrings from a while back from QVC.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Love this video with Louis & Jac Heart Seeing them & hearing their voices in another time & place in their lives is special. What a great find! Thanks for posting @Seka.

Also, the clothes during that time period were wonderful. 

Honored Contributor

What a classy video!  I love the hair styles on the models.. The shorter hair dos weren't for everyone but certainly worked on all the models in the videos.  

Louis and Jaq looked fabulous, so young and good looking and ready to give the world their designs and creativity!  The fact that Louis is still on the top of the designers list proves his talent for knowing what a woman wants and likes in clothes.  

Thanks for the blast from the past in the designer world!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much for this wonderful moment from the past. And having just sharpened up the edges this week of my own blonde locks, so fun to hear Jac state that short doo's are especially good for blondes and more "sexy" 😄
Valued Contributor

Trusted Contributor

So much fun to see these old videos! Oh those shoulder pads... yikes! I must say the 80’s are my least favorite fashion decade but the models were so gorgeous! I too love the chic look of short hair. It looked dynamite on Jac and Linda Evangelista, gorgeous!