Super Contributor

apparently laura geller has a new tsv for april.  Includes balance and brighten, a bronzer(not the swirled one.) a big eyeliner pencil, a love me dew crayon, an eye color duo and a double ended brush with one of those huge totes

Honored Contributor

Re: new tsv for april

[ Edited ]

@Bambi z wrote:

apparently laura geller has a new tsv for april.  Includes balance and brighten, a bronzer(not the swirled one.) a big eyeliner pencil, a love me dew crayon, an eye color duo and a double ended brush with one of those huge totes

ugh total pass for me. I was hoping it would be with her baked elements foundation. I don't like B&B or bronzers or her love me dew crayons. And wish she'd stop including bags and totes. Plus the colors of the lip color and eye color are blah and not at all what I associate with spring colors. They seem more Fall/Winter.  Boring tsv.

LG April tsv.jpg

Super Contributor

They seem very summery to me but I do get tired of the bags, just put in a blush for heaven's sake.  And then there are the god-awful lippie colors.  I wear porcelain and don't like to look like a stop light

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the pic!

The bronzer looks Guerlainish. I mean the look. I think I have like 3 Guerlain bronzers and will never finish them.
I actually like LG's usual swirled bronzer in Light, it's not orange at all.

I usually don't like bags included in kits but as I just bought a really cool black bathing suit that has gold hardware, this bag might actually look cute with it as a beach bag.

The lip shade is too dark for me, don't like anything wine or plum for lips.

Can't tell what the eye liner is, if it's brown, it's OK but have a million.

Don't wear eyeshadow much at all lately.

The foundation I used to hate, it looked powdery and dirty on my face, that's because I was new to makeup and heard them say -If you don't know what shade you are, get the medium-  Well, the medium was all wrong.
It wasn't until years later that I tried the Fair and used a flat top brush from ELF, to apply it and  it looked great. What a difference a brush makes.
But I have given up foundations.

Will not be purchasing, don't need it, at this point, only have space for really special things, not more brown eyeliner.

But if you do get it, look in the mirror and if you see fair skin, don't get the medium! LOL

Honored Contributor

@c_la_vee wrote:

Thanks for the pic!

The bronzer looks Guerlainish. I mean the look. I think I have like 3 Guerlain bronzers and will never finish them.
I actually like LG's usual swirled bronzer in Light, it's not orange at all.

I usually don't like bags included in kits but as I just bought a really cool black bathing suit that has gold hardware, this bag might actually look cute with it as a beach bag.

The lip shade is too dark for me, don't like anything wine or plum for lips.

Can't tell what the eye liner is, if it's brown, it's OK but have a million.

Don't wear eyeshadow much at all lately.

The foundation I used to hate, it looked powdery and dirty on my face, that's because I was new to makeup and heard them say -If you don't know what shade you are, get the medium-  Well, the medium was all wrong.
It wasn't until years later that I tried the Fair and used a flat top brush from ELF, to apply it and  it looked great. What a difference a brush makes.
But I have given up foundations.

Will not be purchasing, don't need it, at this point, only have space for really special things, not more brown eyeliner.

But if you do get it, look in the mirror and if you see fair skin, don't get the medium! LOL

oh yeah I really dont like when they say if you aren't sure go with medium because it is forgiving...no, on us fair, fair/light gals it is NOT forgiving! Even the fair in B&B was too dark for me. I actually could not get a good color match with the B&B. Now her baked elements foundation is AWESOME and the fair is a perfect match for my skin. I don't think I've ever had a more perfect match for my skintone.

Super Contributor

@HappyDaze

Wow! that's quite an endorsement!

Glad you found something that you love so much!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is a very easy pass for me.

The only item I really like is the bronzer. The eye shadow looks nice, but nothing special. I don't need any Balance n Brighten and the lip colors are way, way too dark for me.

I wish they would stop throwing in bags with makeup sets. The last thing I need is another bag. I would rather have another makeup item (like blush) included than a bag. And including a TOTE bag is an odd choice. If you must include a bag, a small makeup bag would make more sense.

I agree that the colors seem a bit of an unusual choice for spring/summer. It'll be interesting to see how everything looks when it's presented.

Occasional Contributor

I actually received this kit yesterday.  I ordered it last Tuesday.  I was surprised it shipped so early. I needed a new balance n brighten and I liked the look of the kit.  The bronzer and it's compact are really nice. I was really surprised how pigmented the eyeshadow appeared.  Both colors are shimmery but very wearable.  The lighter color is a taupey shade and the darker is a copperish/bronze shade.  The lip crayon is an unusual shade matched with the bronzer and eyeshadows.  When I swatched it on the back of my hand, the color was a nice mauve shade, but when I applied it to my lips it was a bit darker.  I have a lot of red in my lips so any lipstick with a red or plum color tend to pull darker.  I would have preferred a more neutral lip color.  For me, the biggest winner of the kit was the eyeliner.  It glided on very smoothly with a lot of pigmentation.  Now for the bag, a definite no for me.  I think a small cosmetic bag or another makeup item would've been a better option.  I wore this kit last to a school event for my son and received compliments.  This kit may not be for everyone, but I really like the color components.  Hope this review is helpful

Super Contributor

Thank you for the review!  It was exciting to see Laura would be having a tsv as I could use a new Balance n Brighten.  Sad though that the colors will NOT work for me.  I wear Fair in BnB and there's no way I could get the burgundy crayon to work for me.  I bought a set of the love me dew crayons and loved two neutral shades and one light pink shade; I could not use the red or the dark cherry.  Do wish for tsv's there would not be a harsh lip.  I also find it unusal and not very fiscally responsible for me anyway to purchase a new LG that includes a bronzer when the supersize bronzer just came out last month and lots of LG fans probably purchased it.  I purchased it six months ago though and use it every day.  It would take me about three more months or maybe six to use it up, so I shouldn't be buying more bronzer.  The eyeshadows look pretty.  Her brushes are always good and the eyeliner looks interesting.

Super Contributor

Just saw what is in the future shipments.  July is baked balance and brighten, split baked body frosting in tahitian glow/blush n brighten in tropic hues, kajal eyeliner in mink kohl, a gray taupe shade, baked color intense shadow duo in dolce/raisin(warm beige shade with soft sheen and bronze shade with shimmer), love me dew lip crayon in pink delight, pink nude shade, an allover face brush and a different little makeup bag with similar pattern of the big bag.  November's shipment includes baked balance n brighten, blush n brighten in raspberry(marbleized tones of pink, lavender and mauve), kajal eyeliner in plum gray kohl, a deep purple shade, baked color intense shadow duo in candy/fig(warm pink shade with shimmer and a plum shade with soft sheen), love me dew lip crayon in berry sparkling(a berry plum shade with shimmer), eye brush and a different little bag in similar pattern to first two.  I am very excited.  I have I think only one thing out of the kits except for the foundation and the last shipment looks great for the holidays.