Frequent Contributor

New to LG... where to start?

Hi All, 

I was thinking of trying some LG products for my sons bapstim on Oct 10.  Over the summer I had ordered her supersize bronzer and love it... use it everyday! So I was thinking about buying one of her kits to try the foundation and blush too. I actually dont see any kits on the Q but LG and Ulta websites have some good ones, also Ulta is giving a free LG blush with purchase and LG is giving a free eyeliner with purchase... I was between these: 

Baked beauty 101

Includes:

• Baked Balance-n-Brighten Color Correcting Foundation in Medium (0.06 oz.)
  • Baked Bronze-n-Brighten in Medium (0.06 oz.)
  • Baked Blush-n-Brighten in Pink Grapefruit (0.06 oz.)
  • Baked Shadow Duo in Mulberry/Oyster (0.06 oz.)
  • Mini Blush Brush
  • Double-Ended Shadow & Liner Brush

Beautifully Nude

Includes:

• Baked Balance-n-Brighten Color Correcting Foundation (0.32 oz.)
  • Spackle Original Make-Up Primer (2.0 oz.)
  • Baked Color Intense Shadow Duo (Dolce/Raisin) (0.26 oz.)
  • GlamLASH Dramatic Volumizing Mascara in Black (0.28 oz.)
  • Color Luster Lip Gloss in Cookie Dough (0.21 fl. oz.)
  • Double Ended Blush and Eye Applicator

So Scrumptious Vol. 3:

Includes:

• Baked Balance-n-Brighten Color Correcting Foundation in Fair (0.32 oz)
  • Baked Blush-n-Brighten in Berry Trifle (0.176 oz)
  • Spackle Tinted Make-up Primer in Champagne (2.0 oz)
  • Baked Eye Pie in Coffee Berry Crunch (0.26 oz)
  • Color Drenched Lip Gloss in French Press Rose (0.3 oz)
  • Double-Ended Face & Blush Brush

What are your thoughts? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: New to LG... where to start?

@littlepixie if the colors are right for you, I'd definitely get a kit with the Spackle. I've used Balance & Brighten for years and Spackle is (for me, anyway) a neccessity! It gives you a nice smooth base and helps the B & B "stick".

Along with B & B, I love the blushes, shadows and shadow-liners. I don't like her pencil liners, as they tend to be hard to apply for me. I don't think her lip products are all that...they're very pretty, but don't last on me and tend to be drying. I also don't care for her mascara---but again, that's me!

Just FYI, that French Press Rose lip gloss is beautiful, but if you don't like the smell of coffee you won't care for this one! Haven't tried the other lipcolors shown.

Respected Contributor

I just looked and there ARE several kits here. Go to Laara Geller and click on 'Kits"...not all of them are "full face" but I saw at least 4 or 5 that are.

Frequent Contributor

@vermint thank you so much! This was super helpful

Respected Contributor

@littlepixie You are more than welcome! Laura has some great stuff, and I hope you love whatever you decide to get!

Frequent Contributor

Thank you!! I ended up getting the beauty basics and it's all beautiful and really effortless. I think I need the full size on the BnB now lol. And I do think a primer first would help camouflage my pores. I have a bunch of Mally primer but I try not to use it much as it makes me breakout. Will that ha pen with spackel?

Respected Contributor

@littlepixie sorry! Just seeing this. I use primer every day---LG Neutralizing Spackle is my favorite. It's never broken me out, and I have an oily t-zone, but the only way to know for sure is to give it a try! I've used several of her Spackles with no problem. You only need about a pea-sized drop.

QVC Social Team

Hello @littlepixie! I wanted to jump in here and let you know there will be a chat with the Laura Geller team on 10/16 in case you wanted to ask them any questions about their products. You can post questions now, but they won't be chatting until tomorrow. Hope this helps!

Laura Geller Chat