Super Contributor

I have alwaysliked Laura Geller's products, and have bought many, through the years. 

I recently bought some of her hydrate and tint product, and it has been on waitlist for a long time.  I am about to cancel it.  I had no idea that Laura sold her business. I do know that IT ws purchased by Loreal for millions of dollars.  I hopw that Laura Geller still does the presentations for her make up on QVC.  She is always very good on showing us how to apply it, and tips on how to choose colors, etc.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a beauty "junkie" here, I'm pretty low maintenance but I saw LG this morning and I am tempted to look twice at her products.    I think she's celebrating an anniversary with QVC and she actually seemed excited about the products.   The ones done in Italy are still done the same way in Italy and she pointed out new colors.    

For example one of her foundations now comes in at least 2 more new colors.

I'm tempted to try her Matte Maker, A274299

The video is up, it's what I watched this morning.

LG explained in great detail about the product & how to use it.

It was actually a very interesting presentation.

Most of the time if QVC is on, it's just background noise, but I was very interested in everything she had to say.

I used to always finish my foundation with a powder but gave that up when it always found its way into every crease & wrinkle.  It looked good when I first applied it, then it went downhill from there!    I think I'm going to try the Matte Maker.

Trusted Contributor

I really like Laura Geller products.  I have been so happy with the things that I purchase but I am a bit of a beauty junkie so always trying new brands.  But at any time, I always have a few LG items in my makeup bag.  Her winter TSV with the illuminating BNB was so awesome.  I'm on auto delivery and cannot wait for the third shipment.  The lipglosses are the nicest I've ever used.  Not sticky at all.  Smooth, buttery, not mint or anything else.  The lipsticks are wonderful, even the liquid eyeliner (which I used to avoid) comes with a very thin, very stiff brush so it is easy to get a thin line right up to the lashes.  I usually avoid liquids because I don't want a thick harsh eyeliner.

I have not personally noticed a decrease in quality after the sale.  

Contributor

I love her new double take foundation and the brush is brilliant. Hope they keep up the good work and Laura is the best teacher. I learn a lot from her shows. Without her input and expertise the experience wouldnt be the same.

Valued Contributor

It is common in such "change in control" events that there is a personal services contract for X period of transition time and usually a non-compete if/once the person leaves.

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Katcat1 - As others have said, Laura has sold her company, but I believe she has "some" say in the development. She is not in charge though. I read an interview with her last year where she said she would have not made the decision that was made for one of her products, but she had to remember to let it go. I like Laura's products and I haven't noticed a drastic change in most of them. 

When the companies are bought out the new owners usually make an agreement to keep the previous owner/creator on as a spokesperson for a while. Recently, Bobbi Brown was replaced as the spokeswoman for her line, which was bought years ago. 

@Katcat1

I was told by someone at Ulta last month who is a rep for Clinque used to work for QVC as well and is a cosmetologist as well who really sounded  very well versed in beauty business said when a company is bought out

the prior owners have no say in any new formulations BUT whatever is being sold prior will not change.

I was glad to hear about this but very disappointed as well.

She mentioned 4 big names I forget all the names but she said Estee and L'Oreal and a few others will one day be the sole beauty business and the smaller guys let's say Butter London, Tula and such will be gone or maybe bought out by the big ones.I'm guessing the smaller companies and there are sooo many will be sold at stores online then. I know this won't happen overnight but she said it is bound to happen.

I find that there are sooo many great smaller named brands and cannot see this happen but they are not in stores online only at Kohl's or Ulta.

Not even Sephora so may they will fizzle out :/

She said that is why she likes to buy many lines from smaller brands...(although she reps Clinique aka Estee!)

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@mimi5775  The young entrepeneurs start their company, work hard with the intent to sell someday and make a huge amount of money.  It's having the money to get started that you need and connections.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@mimi5775  The young entrepeneurs start their company, work hard with the intent to sell someday and make a huge amount of money.  It's having the money to get started that you need and connections.

Hi @Katcat1... I am sure they do and realize that (first if I recall was Maurren) with Tarte!)

I just feel loyalty seems to be so sweet..ya know?

But in real life guess mucho dinero is in the end. I may just do the same in their boots.

I know Jamie made rather fast and really good money wise unreal!

BareMinerals at least hung around a long, very long time.

Honored Contributor

@mimi5775  I am so sorry to hear about your son.  May he rest in peace and may all his memories remain in your heart.  Take care.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1Thanks very much for your kind words. I am on here only these days and not on Facebook like I was...it's all too much.

I may post his B-day coming up this month I miss him it literally hurts and you all are so nice in consoling me here like friends on this board.

Skincare and makeup helps uplift oneself I've found out now more then ever even if I'm a recluse most days...making up and still caring for my skin feels good for the soul.

XOX