Frequent Contributor

LG TSV - 4.17.18: which shade BnB ?

hi. i'm new to LG & i want to get the TSV this Tuesday. 

I can't figure out if i need Light or Medium BnB. i'm typically between light & medium shades.

i checked her website & Q product descriptions, but it's difficult since online swatches r often inaccurate. 

i don't live close to any stores that would have her line. 

any advice?  tia ... 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LG TSV - 4.17.18: which shade BnB ?

It’s hard to share advice without seeing your skin tone, of course. I’m also between a light and medium. I’ve found her medium shades to be more warm than cool and, therefore, don’t work the best for me. In fact, I think that’s true for all of her foundations. That said, I think her blushes are probably the best on the market! Love her blushes! 

Honored Contributor

@sznk I wear LG. The first time I bought it from the Q I got medium and it was too dark for me. I went to Ulta to test the colors and Fair works best for me. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd recommend the lighter of the two you can't decide because sometimes those swirls of pigment come out darker than they're supposed to. That's been my experience. I have had some perfect for me in Fair (all other brands I order light) and had some fair be way too dark, too. It's kind of a krap shoot 🔫 I tried her Light in Balance and Glow and it is lighter than one of my Fair in her original, and it's not the highlighting effect, just not many darker swirls in the one I got. It's not always unpredictable, but, good luck!

Honored Contributor

@sznk - I agree with the others. I typically wear the second shade from the lightest in any foundation, and my skin is warm-toned. In B&B I wear the Fair. I first ordered Medium, and it was too "browny" on me, so I went to Sephora (which carried her line at the time) and was matched to Fair.

As Laura will say though, all of the shades are forgiving. In your case, without knowing a lot about your skin tone and coloring, I would get the Light. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@sznk  I am also between light and medium. And Medium BnB is too dark for me.  I have the Fair. It is a little light for me. But I typically wear some bronzer, so it works perfectly.

Respected Contributor

@sznk I've been wearing BnB since Laura introduced it. Back then there was only one shade...what is now called Medium. That worked fine for me, but when she came out with different shades, I went to Fair and that was perfect! I'm also a light to medium girl in other brands---meaning I can usually wear either one.

Others here have commented about the differences between compacts of the same shade....I honestly have never had a problem with that. All my "Fairs" have been perfect.

Frequent Contributor

thnx so much for the great replies. 

i have cool undertones, so wondering if Light would b better for me based on that (?) & the advice about Medium possibly being too dark for me makes sense.

i didn't see anything on Laura's website about the different shades realating to Cool, Warm, or Neutral. 

Respected Contributor

I am cool toned and light skinned. I wear this in light and it works great. In winter, even with a light hand the medium is too dark. 

Frequent Contributor

I received the Light TSV today. Played with it for a couple of hours, lol. I think the Light was a good choice for me. The Diamond Dust highlighter is nice, just need to use a light hand or it accentuates flaws. Dislike the lip gloss. Very sticky & way too much glitter. Still a successful purchase, since my focus was on BnB. Thnx for the advice.