Regular Contributor

Love her new kajal pencils but I can't seem to get that nice "point" on the pencil like it was when I received it new. It comes with a sharpener but for me it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions? Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

I use those kajal liners, another brand, and since they are soft, sharpening them is sometimes impossible! 

Put your pencils in the freezer for a few minutes then try sharpening them. Works for me..especially during the warmer seasons.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@stormy23 wrote:

Love her new kajal pencils but I can't seem to get that nice "point" on the pencil like it was when I received it new. It comes with a sharpener but for me it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions? Thanks! 

They're on waitlist...  went online with Nordys, Macy's, LGellers own website, can't find them...

Esteemed Contributor

@donniesmom

Laura called it a sharpener, but to me it seems more like a shaper.   The pencil is soft, and turning the little "sharpener" around and around seems to make it a little bit rounder, but definitely not a point.  It's definitely not shaving off anything, just kind of molding it into a rounder shape.  I have other eyeliners that can be sharpened, but this is different. I don't really mind, but it is kind of misleading to call it a sharpener.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Regular Contributor

Wow! I didn't even think of that! That sounds like a great idea. I'm headed to the freezer now! Thanks!

Regular Contributor

I totally agree with you. SilleeMee advised about putting the pencil in the freezer & then try sharpening it. That sounds like a great idea!

Esteemed Contributor

@donniesmom Please come back and let us know how this works for the Kajal pencil. I think that the issue is the "sharpener" which is not really a sharpener. Maybe putting it in the freezer and then using a real sharpener?

Regular Contributor

When I put the pencil in the freezer & sharpened it it really worked a lot better. Still can't get that nice point but it's better than it was before. As far as using a regular sharpener I don't think that can be done because it's in a plastic pencil form not wood. I'm afraid to try that for fear that I would ruin the pencil itself.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @donniesmom !