Super Contributor

Re: "Complaints" - would like some insight

I wondered about that. She is SO gracious with every host. I enjoy seeing her.

Contributor

I agree completely. I like to see the models model and sometimes they are completely ignored while the others put on their little show and have their playtime and private jokes.I don't care to hear over and over that the hosts wear xx small . Just because I am older, does not mean that I hate younger people. i find some of them to be fun and refreshing, but some are so fake and valley girl like that I just have to turn the channel.If you keep getting rid of your older hosts, you will lose your older customers. If the new management, with the horrendous customer service and poor shipping doesn't do it first.

Respected Contributor

I swear I can feel the hairs on Lori's neck stand up when Shawn

takes one of her tops and ties it in the front .... in my opinion  of

course .....

Frequent Contributor

I think your complaints are valid. I remember in the past the  Q offered lots of easy-pay constantly (like they are doing now)  to increase business. People took advantage of this and got into serious financial trouble. I ordered a few days ago and noticed that easy-pay was automatically selected on an order for  $30.00 . I hit enter too fast and now I have an easy-pay for that small amount.  Also regarding Shawn, she is one odd person. I never watch her or several others..

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse  @Mirren   The rules change daily here, it's hard to keep up.

Honored Contributor

I don't think you can get any insights on any of those things from people on this board.  We're customers just you, we don't anymore than you know.  Shawn is Shawn.  All of the hosts have their own personalities and their presentation skills and they aren't going to be in sync with everyone of of the million upon millions of QVC viewers.  Yes, QVC has changed over the decades.  It's not a club and never was.  QVC is a retailer and they exist ONLY to make a profit.  They aren't here to entertain us or educate us or be our friends.  They value us as customers.  I think they have stepped away from the "girls' club" mentality from back in the day.  Nothing stays the same forever.  It sounds like a cliche but it is a fact that the change is the only constant in life.  I'm sure that many older shoppers share your feelings but QVC isn't going to return to what it was in the 1980's.  

Respected Contributor

@Halidon   Love your avatar!  Nicest one I've seen.

Regular Contributor

Complaints have their place. A GOOD business listens to the complaints BUT also figures out why a customer feels that way AND makes improvements. I had my own business for almost 30 years. When a customer had a complaint, I listened, made compensations when possible but more importantly I took that opportunity to build a better business. If people never complained , how would I have known there were problems? Granted there is a right way & a wrong way to complain. Tact is the key. There are some people that can never be pleased & complain no matter what, but if a business has many complaints about the same issue then there is a problem that needs to be addressed. You can't please all of the people all of the time but to do nothing is what you get in return - Nothing. Mirren, you brought up some valid points & rest assured, you are not the only one who feels the way you do about QVC.

Respected Contributor

I couldn't agree more with your second paragraph. Shawn's first two or three shows with Lori were absolutely cringe worthy. The interaction between the two was off and Shawn was not prepared. She even halfway joked about it. To be fair, it (Shawn), has gotten better. But what I still can't stand is when right in the middle of Lori talking about one of her garments Shawn will take off like she has to go put out a fire. Woman Surprised It simply comes across as rude...her manner is too abrupt. It also comes across as if what Lori is saying is not "good enough" and Shawn has a better idea. Ya know, Shawnie Sue knows best! The first time or two it happened Lori even said, "Where are you going?" Ha! Now, Lori just goes with the flow...the frenetic flow. Can't say how many QVC paying customers are willing to go with that flow. I guess time will tell. Woman Frustrated       

Super Contributor

Thank you for this response!

"new management" - that explains A LOT! 

As an older woman, I too appreciate a variety of ages etc on the screen.

shaking my head - is the Q losing its Q?