Contributor

I am a little wary.  What is going on in Lori land?  She has 220 blow out

sale items.....far far more than any other brand.  She has had few new

items this fall.  Look at her new page.  It is obviouis that QVC over bouight

and then over priced her beautiful pieces.  But what now?  Is she going to

leave because of frustration with this company?  I wouldn't blame her.

They need her a lot more than she needs them.  Do you all think I am

going round the bend with this conspiracy theory?  All I know is that

I have never in all my years as her fan seen anything like what's going

now.

What do you all think?

t

Honored Contributor

Re: What is going on?

[ Edited ]

There has been blowout clearance items across many brands, not just LOGO. Click on any on the list of brands and you will get the count/#. For example, I think I saw Quacker Factory had about 50 yesterday...and IM had oodles too.

My guess is that the clearance items have become very numerous across the board and not selling out as fast as new items coming in.

I saw the event as a great opportunity for anyone wanting to save money. For me, I didn't see anything I wanted from the event. However I did take advantage of a Susan Graver top at a lunchtime special price.

Contributor

I know the blow sale has included many brands.  My point is Lori's 

number of items is way way higher than any other.  Way highj.

Honored Contributor

The Q holds onto inventory too long.  Slow moving inventory takes up too much space.  You see on lunch and prime time specials there are items from long ago.  I think with the upcoming move in 2020 to the new bigger warehouse, it is going to be costly to move old inventory.  Blow it out now.  That's my spin on it based on my background in logistics.

Contributor

Fine.  But why does Lori have so many many more items in the

blow out sale and yet has had a drastically reduced new lineup for

Fall?

Super Contributor

I have no idea. But in all my thirty years or so watching the Q, I have never seen such a thing as this huge blowout clearance across the brands, actually at all.

Things have not been boding well for the Q for quite awhile and I think this is more writing on the wall. 

btw, I bought one lounge item and a cotton shirt I have in multiples, in a size smaller since I am loosing weight. 

Honored Contributor

Louis Dell'Olio said his budget was cut, whenever QVC gets new vendors, budgets of all the designers are cut.  So, it seems to me QVC doesn't have enough money for new vendors.  Lori's would have been cut, too.  

Honored Contributor

@bibes Seems as if you're trying to make a point but I don't know what it is.  Why not just come out and say what's on your mind.

Honored Contributor

Just based on what I read on this board...posters have been asking for new brands.  So maybe that's part of it.  

There are some new clothing brands being introduced.  Perhaps upper management is testing the waters to see how customers respond to the new items. And holding off on restocking what might not be selling so well 

Respected Contributor

@bibesWhat conspiracy?  It's simple supply and demand.  She and QVC contracted with each other to offer more of her stuff than it turned out people were willing to buy at the prices charged.  They both miscalculated, and now they now have to try and unload the goods at prices the market will bear.