Trusted Contributor

We just returned from a trip to London and I thought I would share what I observed on the fashion front.  

First, dark forest green is EVERYWHERE!  Louis is right on the money with the re-order color of the blazer. Even a contingent of the Queen's Guard had a dark forest green jacket/tunic over black pants.  It looked really sharp.  Animal print - specifically leopard print - is also everywhere - scarves, shoes, sweaters, coats, just everywhere.  I did see also quite a few red blazers - longer ones, just like 'ours'.

I also noticed lots of plaid, but I thought that might be a regular British thing as opposed to a current trend.  Also trench coats - but again, Burberry invented them, so it might just be standard British uniform.

Not a lot of distressed jeans, mostly trousers, and a wider leg than I've seen here.  Worn with shooties, oxfords or low heeled shoes.  Still many women (younger, though!) wearing heels - pumps in particular.  

I had packed a combo of dark forest green with black and didn't feel out of place.  We splurged and had dinner at Rules one night (oldest restaurant in London, founded in 1798 a particular favorite of Edward VII when he was Prince of Wales) and I wore the DFG WK swing sweater over the dark green wool blend knit skirt (remember those?) with black tights and shooties.  The texture of the WK is a little finer than the wool blend skirt, but the colors were dead on.  I didn't feel over or underdressed.  I would love a longer WK cardi in that same color.  

I did notice that the fashions were a bit more casual than I saw in Italy last fall.  But perhaps I was seeing more tourists in London than in Rome.  

We saw the Queen in procession to open Parliament, in the coach with her was Charles and Camilla, so got to see all three!  The Queen was dressed in a white dress as I think, was Camilla.

We were lucky and got some really good seats to see Hamilton - the Broadway prices are still astronomical,so this was a treat. It was a terrific play.  I wanted to see if we could see the Harry Potter play, but DH just kind of looked at me like I'd lost it!  

So, Linea ladies, rock your dark forest green, red and animal print frocks this fall/winter, we are at the cutting edge of fashionistas!

Trusted Contributor

Sorry, I meant to post this in the Linea section.  

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 wrote:

Sorry, I meant to post this in the Linea section.  

@Sammijo10 

You can hit the 'Report Inappropriate Content' button on your OP and in the space provided, ask the Mods to move your thread to the Linea forum.

HTH!

BTW, thanks for your fashion report, it was interesting reading!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Sammijo10 

Sounds like a fabulous trip. Lucky you to see the Queen!

I never go wrong when I wear my Linea items. I feel very fortunate to have found Linea items ... great quality, reasonable prices and always a great fit.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."