Honored Contributor

Re: This Non-LOGO Item Goes So Great With My LOGO

These look promising for layering under LOGO cardis, and are at a better price than LOGOs.  @Trudey, I know you are always looking for things to put under a LOGO cardi so this seems to be a possibility:

http://www.qvc.com/Isaac-Mizrahi-Live%21-SOHO-Elbow-Sleeve-Curved-Hem-Tee.product.A290889.html?sc=NA...

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - Thanks for the tip on the petite fleur Talbot scarf.  Went to check it out today and you are right, it goes great with macrame so I had to get it.  This scarf may also go with that cashmere Logo sweater that is black and macrame/cream we got a while ago.  Good price at this sale.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu wrote:

@Pearlee - Thanks for the tip on the petite fleur Talbot scarf.  Went to check it out today and you are right, it goes great with macrame so I had to get it.  This scarf may also go with that cashmere Logo sweater that is black and macrame/cream we got a while ago.  Good price at this sale.

@Biftu  Hi there!  Oh, I'm really glad you got this scarf because I think it will be very useful.  The cashmere sweater you mentioned is the very first thing I thought of when I saw the scarf- really they are quite similar, although I think wearing them together may be too busy.  (I haven't yet put mine with the sweater).   A word of warning .... this is a lot of scarf -- but not too much!  I know you are "lil" Biftu - I played with it a lot in Talbot's dressing room. It's fine on me multiple ways.  I liked it the best, given its length, when I put it around my neck backwards; that is taking both ends of the scarf in front of me, and then crossing them behind me at the back of my neck, and then bringing both ends forward again, so the loop is in front of my neck and the ends are underneath the loop.  (Hard to explain, I know). I'm sure you know how to play with scarves. I liked it multiple ways actually but that way the best on me - to shorten it.

When you see it you'll be impressed with how "macrame" it is!   Please let me know what you think when you get it. If you decide you don't like it, you can always return it locally to a Talbots for a credit back to your charge. I'm excited that you got it, but will not be offended if for some reason it doesn't work for you.  Or better yet - did you get it at a store today so you already have seen in and have it home?

Valued Contributor

Hi @Pearlee. I did wear the Halston pants this week. I am so glad I kept them. They were so comfortable. I actually liked them much more once I wore them for a long work day than when I tried them on if that makes any sense. 

I did recieve the IM jeans and haven't decided if I will keep them or not. The color ( light blue) and the polka dots are pretty and different from any other jeans I own. I tend to buy a dark wash in jeans so a change is good. It's the style and fit that I'm not sure about. On me they fit in the waist but have a very loose fit in the thighs. Maybe too baggy for my taste. As soon as I tried them on they started to stretch and in 5 minutes were even looser. I know I should return them as they would grow as the day goes on. I don't think a smaller size would solve the problem. I do like the lighter wash though and am on the lookout for a pair of jeans in that color. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@Biftu  Hi there!  Oh, I'm really glad you got this scarf because I think it will be very useful.  The cashmere sweater you mentioned is the very first thing I thought of when I saw the scarf- really they are quite similar, although I think wearing them together may be too busy.  (I haven't yet put mine with the sweater).   A word of warning .... this is a lot of scarf -- but not too much!  I know you are "lil" Biftu - I played with it a lot in Talbot's dressing room. It's fine on me multiple ways.  I liked it the best, given its length, when I put it around my neck backwards; that is taking both ends of the scarf in front of me, and then crossing them behind me at the back of my neck, and then bringing both ends forward again, so the loop is in front of my neck and the ends are underneath the loop.  (Hard to explain, I know). I'm sure you know how to play with scarves. I liked it multiple ways actually but that way the best on me - to shorten it.

When you see it you'll be impressed with how "macrame" it is!   Please let me know what you think when you get it. If you decide you don't like it, you can always return it locally to a Talbots for a credit back to your charge. I'm excited that you got it, but will not be offended if for some reason it doesn't work for you.  Or better yet - did you get it at a store today so you already have seen in and have it home?

@Pearlee - I went to the store and got it so I have it home.  I was in a rush so didn't play with it much.  It is a lot of scarf, but so is the Logo French Terry ones we have.  I understand exactly how you tied it because that is how I usually wear my scarfs.  I will have no problem making it work.  It is a very nice scarf and will look great with many pieces I own -- good call.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu  Oh, so glad you got the scarf in person and could feel how lovely the material is and saw the actual color for yourself and know it's a lot of scarf (but not too much).  Your going to Talbots didn't even occur to me until after I'd written almost my entire post earlier (thought you'd ordered online).  Enjoy it. I think I will get a lot of use out of that scarf esp. since it's multiseasonal.   I almost didn't buy it because I have several statement necklaces (mostly Joan Rivers) with lots of colors in them including pinks to offset the macrame tops washing me out, but in the end I couldn't resist the scarf to have another option.  Plus it will go really well with all those black Fr. terry tops I (we) own!  Smiley Happy

@Mellie2  Great news on the Halston pants.  I still haven't yet worn mine but thank you for your feedback.  So glad they are better wearing them (the fit) than just trying them on.  I plan to wear mine this week.  I do like the print on them!   

Thanks too for your review on the polka dot jeans.   At the very least, if you return them which it sounds like you will, you now know you can go out of your comfort zone a bit and select a pair that fits you better, perhaps locally.  I really do hope you end up with something similar (light wash and polka dots) in a better fit for you because those pants are so darn cute.   I need to go and read reviews of those pants too  which were all sold out in my size.  I'd forgotten all about them so I'm really glad you reviewed them here.

I was thinking of you this week Mellie2.  Do you own any of the Dream Jeannes in khaki color?  I practically live in those all summer because of the color.   I have full length and crops and last summer acquired a legging pair that looked like it ran pretty small.  I took a chance on a khaki As Is pair in large, up a size for me because the price was so good on it As Is, and it does me fine.  A little big in hips and waist but not so much it doesn't look right and besides I wear tops over that part anyway.  I only took a chance on the large because they looked like they ran so slim (tight) on the models.  But my point is, I get tons of use out of the khaki ones!

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee I think you will like the Halston pants. I just got home and wore them out all day again. I might order a backup pair! 

So funny you mentioned khaki pants. I have only one pair of pants in that color and was thinking I need another pant in that shade as they are so useful. Like you I would live in them for summer.... Goes with almost every color. Which DJ in khaki do you like best? 

I did return the IM jeans today. You are so right about finding new colors and styles that are out of my comfort zone. That's one of the joys about the forums for me.....The fashion feedback and tips have changed my style and I love it! 

Going to the LOGO forum on today's show to see what I missed. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mellie2  LOL on the backup pair of Halston pants!  Would you get the same color or the other color option (the one with more white in it, light gray and some yellow?).  As you know, I got a backup in the Rinna wood block print pants we both have - the black ones - because I was wearing those so much and they are so comfortable and then finally got the other color option too (but like the black best).  Backups aren't a bad idea, esp. if the garments aren't full price any more (as none of these were - and I got all my Rinnas on LTS).

Let me say that that DJ khakis are a light khaki - almost a cream color but not quite that white as a cream.  Which I do like for spring!  I'll have to do a little research on my order history and try to let you know what leggings I have (or maybe the number is still on the tag).   I know I have the slim cut straight pants in khaki, not sure which style of crops I have,  but of them all I like the leggings the best even though they aren't really my size.   They are very slimming on my legs - more so than the straight cut pants (it's just the hips and waist that are a little big on me in the size up to a large - this is the pair I got As Is and they only had the large).  Give me a couple of days and I'll try to give you an item number. But my point is, I really like that shade of khaki for spring.  And there is no green hue to it - it's all light beige.

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee I ordered the same color (blue) for a backup in the LR pants. I wore them to work with a LOGO light grey top and out an about with a denim shirt. They went from work appropriate to casual with such ease I would like to have another and explore more tops. They are just great Smiley Happy

Thank you for the QF info. I do have one pair of leggings in black and I love them. They are very slimming. I really want a pair of crops or shorter for summer and may order the same as I have in grey with the bling zipper as they fit well. It's just hard to get your size and color (khaki) as they go so fast. I appretiate your input and please don't rush. Thanks Smiley Happy

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mellie2  LOL on the backup pair of Halston pants!  Would you get the same color or the other color option (the one with more white in it, light gray and some yellow?).  As you know, I got a backup in the Rinna wood block print pants we both have - the black ones - because I was wearing those so much and they are so comfortable and then finally got the other color option too (but like the black best).  Backups aren't a bad idea, esp. if the garments aren't full price any more (as none of these were - and I got all my Rinnas on LTS).

Let me say that that DJ khakis are a light khaki - almost a cream color but not quite that white as a cream.  Which I do like for spring!  I'll have to do a little research on my order history and try to let you know what leggings I have (or maybe the number is still on the tag).   I know I have the slim cut straight pants in khaki, not sure which style of crops I have,  but of them all I like the leggings the best even though they aren't really my size.   They are very slimming on my legs - more so than the straight cut pants (it's just the hips and waist that are a little big on me in the size up to a large - this is the pair I got As Is and they only had the large).  Give me a couple of days and I'll try to give you an item number. But my point is, I really like that shade of khaki for spring.  And there is no green hue to it - it's all light beige.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mellie2  I looked at the  item number on the khaki  Dream Jeannes crops  I have - they aren't available any more. I get them in the short and those aren't available but neither are the regulars.  Probably the style has been discontinued - I've had mine for many years.  And they still look like new, even though I've worn them to death!  They were the first DJs in khaki I got.  Here is the link - the video is still up but the khaki isn't in the video - apparently just a few colors were left at that time!

http://www.qvc.com/Quacker-Factory-DreamJeannes-Knit-Denim-Crop-Pants.product.A214655.html?productNu...