Trusted Contributor

Surprise! My "backorder" As Is (A288263) has shipped

I'm shocked that this "As Is" top (A288263) came back into stock in my size and has shipped, I just received this same top, which I paid full price for, and I love it. If this one is in good condition I might decide to keep it as a backup. I also ordered another one today "As Is" in the nickle/chamomile. I just wanted to let you all know that it actually is possible to receive an "As Is" item when it has gone to backorder.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Super Contributor

Re: Surprise! My "backorder" As Is (A288263) has shipped

That's great for you.......I've been stalking that nickel/chamomile color but it never becomes available in my size!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Surprise! My "backorder" As Is ( ) has shipped

Yes, I feel very lucky to get it. I'm between a medium and large and ordered the size large. It fits loose on me, but since I'm larger busted that's how I like to wear my tops I can't stand to wear tops that stretch across the bustline. I think it looks terrible.. I just looked and it's still available in the redwood and smokey taupe.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Esteemed Contributor

I would not buy "AS IS" clothing. You never know who wore it and where. Just not my style. I like to buy new clothing.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I would not buy "AS IS" clothing. You never know who wore it and where. Just not my style. I like to buy new clothing.

Most receive the item, try it on and back it goes.... kind of like a department store with customers trying on an item and putting it back on the rack to be sold as new.  Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@divine  You are right - I am surprised given that thread I directed you to in your earlier post.   Congrats!  I do think you are the exception though, for receiving a backordered As Is item!  Your patience paid off.