Valued Contributor

Re: Shorter women are excluded from Logo

I am 5 ft 1 inches,  115 lb,  and I actually prefer the longer versions of Logo - I returned a petite.  I wear a small, and usually compare what I would like against what Lori is wearing. 

Trusted Contributor

If you are petite and wear a smaller size you should be fine. However, as the sizes get larger both the garment length and the sleeve length increase.  I can understand how a petite who requires a plus size might have a problem with LOGO being too long. 

Member Since 11/20/2008
Super Contributor

I am watching inspired style right now and the Logo clothes are too long on Amy not to mention just too much material- this Logo Lori is just too impressed with herself and her clothes make all the models look like rag bags, just not a good look for any woman of any size- where is her head anyway?

Respected Contributor

@divine wrote:

If you are petite and wear a smaller size you should be fine. However, as the sizes get larger both the garment length and the sleeve length increase.  I can understand how a petite who requires a plus size might have a problem with LOGO being too long. 

That makes sense.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@arizona babe wrote:

I am watching inspired style right now and the Logo clothes are too long on Amy not to mention just too much material- this Logo Lori is just too impressed with herself and her clothes make all the models look like rag bags, just not a good look for any woman of any size- where is her head anyway?

I thought Amy looked adorable. I’m much shorter than Amy, and I wear LOGO everyday.  I am a med so they are even longer on me.   I like to cover the parts I don’t want showing with tight jeans and leggings. I guess it’s just a matter of opinion.  I think I look pretty cute, and I bought that top tonight in pink combo.  Lori has many, many fans.

Respected Contributor

@Ramineh wrote:
I love Logo on TV but can't purchase them because only a very small fraction of the line has a shorter, petite version. The tops look too long on Amy Strand and she is taller than I am. Could you please consider including us in more of the line not just the TSV. Thanks.

Try checking the front and back body lengths in the “click here” measurements and just order the shorter ones.  There really is a big variety.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to have this misconception as well- but actually there are a variety of lengths on tops.  In fact, I am 5' 4 and 1/2" and use to order some of her petite lengths but found that I like the longer lengths to wear with my skinny jeans and such. Almost all the pants are 28/29 inseam.  My wardrobe has quickly become almost entirely Logo - with a spattering of Linea Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I am 5'3" and also prefer her regular tops to petites.  But the top part of my body is not petite so petite tops always feel skimpy to me in the shoulder/armpit area, although at Talbots I buy petite tops and blouses - if long sleeved - for the shorter sleeve length. IF 3/4 sleeves I buy missy regulars.  

I wear up to a 29" length in pants/leggings in LOGO.  the 30" is too long and her petite lengths in pants/leggings have sometimes been too short in the rise for me.  Like Jeanne Bice, I'm a "short" rather than "petite."  Petite clothes feel skimpy on me - I prefer the longer lengths too to cover my hips and butt areas.

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I am 5'3" and also prefer her regular tops to petites.  But the top part of my body is not petite so petite tops always feel skimpy to me in the shoulder/armpit area, although at Talbots I buy petite tops and blouses - if long sleeved - for the shorter sleeve length. IF 3/4 sleeves I buy missy regulars.  

I wear up to a 29" length in pants/leggings in LOGO.  the 30" is too long and her petite lengths in pants/leggings have sometimes been too short in the rise for me.  Like Jeanne Bice, I'm a "short" rather than "petite."  Petite clothes feel skimpy on me - I prefer the longer lengths too to cover my hips and butt areas.

Me too, @Pearlee. I need the fuller cut of regular size clothing, but a 30" length is just a tad too long, while 28" is too short. 29" is my dream length, and more and more, petites are being made with 28" (or shorter) inseam. As for tops, I much prefer a good, proper tunic length. My tookus must be sufficiently covered, ha ha.

Where I REALLY struggle is at the gym. I don't wear tank tops (self conscious of my arms,) and very few short-sleeve t-shirts are made in longer lengths. I do a lot of bending for burpees, barre, bootcamps and high intensity training classes and my t-shirts always ride up until my back and gut get accidentally exposed. If I try to layer, I always get overheated. I've long wished someone would make a special invention just for burpees, pilates, barre and yoga, so that my t-shirts will stay put during work-outs. The struggle is real. With leggings, there is really no other way to go but a tunic length top. 

Contributor

I did just that - there are 5 petite tops that are not tanks out of 781 total tops for Logo.   I don't think QVC and Lori care much about petites. .