Occasional Contributor

Shoes to go with Logo outfits ...HELP !!

I am a fan of Logo outfits. I have quite a few things that I'd love to wear however I do not know what kind of shoes to go with the outfits I have. I am a stay at home mom and while I would certainly wear these outfits during the day, heels are not practical for me and when i'd most likely wear the outfits, but other than that, I don't know what shoes would work.

I know there are plenty of fashionista's out there so I am looking for ideas, suggestions or opinions.  i have the leggings and alot of the cute tops...

any help would be appreciated!

thank you !!

can't wait to hear your ideas !

Honored Contributor

Re: Shoes to go with Logo outfits ...HELP !!

[ Edited ]

Until you got to the part about not wanting to wear heels, I would have said a "shootie" type shoe - a short boot/shoe in leather with a chunky (as in comfortable) not-too-high heel.  Lori wears a lot of shootie type footwear with her clothes.

@maryb052  But I'm with you - I wear those when I'm going somewhere but for around the house or just doing errands I usually wear Skechers Mary Janes, usually in black because I'm wearing black leggings.   There are many that are nicer looking (i.e. a little dressier) than others  I even have some with sequins on them that get compliments all the time, and they are so comforable and the rubber sole isn't as thick as on some others.  There's quite a great variety of them.   A lot of companies make comfy Mary Janes (Merrill, etc.) so you should find some you like that a sruitable to your taste.  They are much nicer than athletic shoes but are just as comfortable IMO.

In fact, a friend of mine owns a boutique and will only wear really "cool" shoes with her clothes that she wears, esp. at the store (to show off the clothes she's selling).  She developed a bunion and her "really cool" shoes were out, and she always loved my sequin Skechers that I wore often to her store, so now all she wears considering her bunion issue is Skechers Mary Janes, that look great with her "cool boutique clothes."

MaryB - you aren't Mary Beth Roe are you?  LOL

Respected Contributor

I would say booties, Boots and ballet flats all would look good. 

Honored Contributor

I agree that ballet flats would work fine also.

(I'm thinking the OP wouldn't want to wear boots around the house).

Esteemed Contributor

I would go with a pointy toe flat such as this one (there are tons of this look at stores) because it's comfortable but has a bit more style. If you need something less dressy, go for a simple Chanel-esque flat such as this one.

Something like this might also be kicky and cute.

I would insert pictures but QVC has decided to make that a real pain.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Occasional Contributor

Hi, no, I'm not Mary Beth Roe !! Just a Mary B from Ohio !!  thanks for the ideas !! my only problem is that I was blessed with fairly wide feet and in my 52 years, have not been able to find a flat that wouldn't have gaps on the side due to my feet. but I'll still keep looking !!

thanks ladies for all the help and have a great day !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MARYB wrote:

Hi, no, I'm not Mary Beth Roe !! Just a Mary B from Ohio !!  thanks for the ideas !! my only problem is that I was blessed with fairly wide feet and in my 52 years, have not been able to find a flat that wouldn't have gaps on the side due to my feet. but I'll still keep looking !!

@Hi!  LOL @ not Mary Beth Roe. Smiley Happy

I have wide feet also, which is why I like Skechers in addition to general comfort - the foot bed is wide even in the size mediums.  And there are plenty of Skechers in wide widths also!   Good luck with your hunt, and remember what Lori says - everything goes with everything so get what works for you and is comfortable.   I even think some of the cute and very colorful athletic shoes, with bright laces - would work as a cute and funky look.   Lori would want you to be comfortable - her clothes are all about comfort.  So just "be yourself" and do what suits your lifestyle!

Esteemed Contributor

Go to the Neiman-Marcus website, pull down Eileen Fisher, and see what shoes she shows with each outfit.

Trusted Contributor

@MARYB wrote:

I sympathize.  I have duck feet.  6.5 XW!  So in the summer I found wide Converse sneaks that work well.  Also the elastic woven type shoes like this work great for me:

Image result for bernie mev

Bernie Mev are my pick.  Nice quailty without the sticker shock.  I get mine from Nordstrom Rack.

And in the winter I live in Emu boots.  They are Australian sheepskin boots much like Uggs but with a much wider footbed.  I can even get thick wooly socks in my Emus and my foot is not crowded out.

Honored Contributor

@maryb052

Here are some ideas, in wides, based on my interpretation of WWLW- What would Lori wear?

From J. Renee- Kareena Too

I like that these have brown, black or khaki- more bang for your buck.

Bella Vita- Ronan

Naturalizer- Jarrett

Vaneli- Grania

Trotters- Latch

Naturalizer- Hatch

Cobb Hill- Georgina

Hush Puppies- Cyra Catelyn

Cole Haan- Tali Wedge

Earth-Passage

Aetrex- Samantha