Contributor

Second Cotton Slub top that did not survive the first gentle cycle

Hello LOGO fans, this is my second cotton slub LOGO top that did not survive the first laundry. Both tops were upwards of $60 and I had not worn them once. Smiley Sad

The first top was a tank top and I did not bother returning it since I had already removed all the tags and washed it, but when it happened again, I am beginning to wonder....

Do you LOGO ladies dry clean your tops?

I used the gentle cycle together with countless other t shirts and tops, dryer was on low heat......

I reached out to customer service as the tunic was $68.00 - this has never happened to me before....Is it me? 

Curious about your experience.

Honored Contributor

Re: Second Cotton Slub top that did not survive the first gentle cycle

If that happened to me, I'd quit buying the stuff.  If you continue knowing the washer is going to destroy it, I'd say you have a problem and it's not clothes. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i do handle the slubs a bit differently.   they come out of washer looking like a ball of wrinkles.  and if left to dry in dryer look a mess.

this works for me.

1.  wash as normal 

2.  shake out and toss in dryer

3.  pull out of dryer as soon as it is hot but still wet.

4.  hold shoulders and shake strongly.

5.  hang to dry.  pull bottom firmly.

once dry they are just as they arrived.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

sounds like a PITA

Esteemed Contributor

@Cabrio wrote:

Hello LOGO fans, this is my second cotton slub LOGO top that did not survive the first laundry. Both tops were upwards of $60 and I had not worn them once. Smiley Sad

The first top was a tank top and I did not bother returning it since I had already removed all the tags and washed it, but when it happened again, I am beginning to wonder....

I used the gentle cycle together with countless other t shirts and tops, dryer was on low heat......

I reached out to customer service as the tunic was $68.00 - this has never happened to me before....Is it me? 

I would def return the second top.........................you hear alot of complaints about the survival of the LOGO slub wear..............i would stay away from it....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cabrio wrote:

@Cabrio  What tags did you remove?  Logo doesn't come with removeable tags.

Also, I'm not sure why, if you were within your 30 days when this happened, you didn't return it  whether you washed it or not.

I do not dry clean LOGO.  I've been buying it since Lori was first on the Q many years ago and have not had any problems at all washing it.  I do hang mine to dry because I don't think the dryer does clothes any good.

Respected Contributor

I wash all of my clothes on cold.  I tumble them in a cool dryer for a few minutes and then hang  to dry.   

I own a lot of Logo - nothing has pilled, faded, or ripped.  

Maybe it's your washer...

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I wash all of my clothes on cold.  I tumble them in a cool dryer for a few minutes and then hang  to dry.   

I own a lot of Logo - nothing has pilled, faded, or ripped.  

Maybe it's your washer...

I do the same thing and so far (knock n wood!) I haven't had any problems...and I have a lot of LOGO.

It could be the washer.

Esteemed Contributor

It's either you or your washing machine.  I too have been buying Logo since the line was first introduced and have not had any problems.  I always wash in cold and hang to dry.  I try not to use my dryer on any clothes I care about because like @Pearlee i believe dryers are not good for clothing.  Logo items do not come with any tags to remove.

Valued Contributor

The cotton tops in LOGO are my favorite fabrication. I wash cold/delicate and hang dry. No problems with the fabric.