Honored Contributor

Does anyone remember the clothing line that the late Shell Kepler sold on HSN for years?   There are some pieces of LOGO that remind me of a 21st century version of her clothing.  She used a lot of lace and embellishment - much more than Lori does - and also made quite a few dusters. Anyway, some of Lori's clothes remind me of Shell's.  Today's LTS Lavish does that @Trudey posted about on a separate thread A261126, as does the cardi/duster I bought recently, A274083.

Trusted Contributor

Vaguely @Pearlee.  I do remember seeing her on HSN and thinking to myself "what is Nurse Amy doing on HSN?".  Since you mentioned how lacey and embellished her pieces were, maybe that's why I don't remember too much else.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@kzjohnson wrote:

Vaguely @Pearlee.  I do remember seeing her on HSN and thinking to myself "what is Nurse Amy doing on HSN?".  Since you mentioned how lacey and embellished her pieces were, maybe that's why I don't remember too much else.  Smiley Wink

LOL LOL!  @kzjohnson  That must be it!   No Lacy Afternoon in your closets!

"Since last appearing on General Hospital in 2002, Kepler has lived in Portland, Oregon. She was involved in charity fundraising and was, by all accounts, an accomplished writer and savvy businesswoman. The actress turned entrepreneur and is believed to have earned millions of dollars each year through the selling of her Lacy Afternoon fashion line on the Home Shopping Network".

http://soapcentral.com/gh/news/2008/0204-kepler.php

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee, you too can bid on vintage Lacy Afternoon pieces still sold on ebay!  Gives me a little1980s Laura Ashley vibe.

Honored Contributor

@kzjohnson wrote:

@Pearlee, you too can bid on vintage Lacy Afternoon pieces still sold on ebay!  Gives me a little1980s Laura Ashley vibe.

@kzjohnson  Yes, I have seen them on Ebay.   No thanks, I have plenty of my own.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Wow! Never heard of her, but I only discovered tv shopping about five years ago! Before that, it was just eat sleep work work work.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack  Her line was on for quite a few years.  At the time, there was nothing like her clothes.  Like Lori's, they sold out ASAP.  Also like Lori, she started by making her own clothes by cutting up other pieces because there was nothing on the market like what she wanted.  Much lace and embellisments (more than LOGO) and the ideas stemmed oftentimes from lingerie.   Actually I think she and Lori have a lot in common, although Shell didn't do the asymmetrical stuff.  It's just the hand-picked exceptional lace and some of the beading that reminds me of LOGO - oh, and her French terry. Much of her line was in French terry and was really the first wave of dressier clothing that could be comfortable and made out of soft sweatshirt material.  In that respect, very similar to LOGO.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I remember her from HSN.  I never purchased any of her clothing.  According to Wikipedia, she passed away on February 2008 due to renal failure.

Honored Contributor

@henderson wrote:

Yes, I remember her from HSN.  I never purchased any of her clothing.  According to Wikipedia, she passed away on February 2008 due to renal failure.

@henderson  Yes.  That is why in my first post I referred to her as "the late" Shell Kepler.

Trusted Contributor

Oh sorry, I guess I skipped over the word "late" when reading your post!