Honored Contributor

Re: Review - A394716 Shibori Denim Jacket

Just got my jacket...need to try it on...stay tuned. It's really pretty!

Honored Contributor

I tried it on!  I like it a lot -- it's very pretty and different from any denim jacket I own and it's a great spring jacket for when you need just a little something or to use in air conditioning or at the movies if we ever get to go to those again. I do really like it and will keep it but am not as over the moon with it as @Biftu  is (for $100 I wish I were though!)

I did order the right size for me -- you were absolutely right @1Professor . It fits perfectly and will also be fine if and when I get back to my usual weight.  Until then I think I will only wear it unbelted (so what do I do with the belt? Tie it behind me since there are loops?).  When I am at my usual weight, I have a tiny waist which I do like to accentuate.  Now though, since I gained, I feel like my stomach sticks out and I don't want to wear anything belted.  So open, unbelted will be it for a while. I do think I'll like it even more when I'm back to where I can also wear it belted.

@Biftu  Funny but the sleeves are only a smidge long on me, so I can easily wear the sleeves either long or turned up once. At first I thought the jacket is shorter than I like but on second look in the mirror I think it is just right.

Whoever washes theirs first, would you please let me know whether the dark denim background bleeds into the light flowers at all? I'd like to know.  

Also for those who own the Isaac shibori jacket, I'm considering it. If you have the navy, do you think it's too similar to this so I should get the pink one? Or is that one in navy enough different to own both?

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I tried it on!  I like it a lot -- it's very pretty and different from any denim jacket I own and it's a great spring jacket for when you need just a little something or to use in air conditioning or at the movies if we ever get to go to those again. I do really like it and will keep it but am not as over the moon with it as @Biftu  is (for $100 I wish I were though!)

I did order the right size for me -- you were absolutely right @1Professor . It fits perfectly and will also be fine if and when I get back to my usual weight.  Until then I think I will only wear it unbelted (so what do I do with the belt? Tie it behind me since there are loops?).  When I am at my usual weight, I have a tiny waist which I do like to accentuate.  Now though, since I gained, I feel like my stomach sticks out and I don't want to wear anything belted.  So open, unbelted will be it for a while. I do think I'll like it even more when I'm back to where I can also wear it belted.

@Pearlee   I've been wearing my ties loose, though I pull the long center section down lower than on this picture, so the ties are shorter.

(Too uncomlfortable to sit and lean in a chair with the ties knotted in back.)

march-2021-lookbook.png

Honored Contributor

@1Professor. Thanks! Good idea!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu  Funny but the sleeves are only a smidge long on me, so I can easily wear the sleeves either long or turned up once. At first I thought the jacket is shorter than I like but on second look in the mirror I think it is just right.

Whoever washes theirs first, would you please let me know whether the dark denim background bleeds into the light flowers at all? I'd like to know.  

Also for those who own the Isaac shibori jacket, I'm considering it. If you have the navy, do you think it's too similar to this so I should get the pink one? Or is that one in navy enough different to own both?

@Pearlee Good to hear you ordered the correct size.  I think it works either belted or not.  @1Professor  suggestion for the belt may work.  It's nice you can wear the sleeves either way, you have options. I can see that since they were not overly long, but on me I still need to roll them which is fine.  I too think this is a good length for this jacket and it is a different look for a denim jacket.

i do like the Isaac jacket.  As you know it is not denim but a lighter material with a different Shibori print.  The sleeves are totally different on the Isaac jacket as is the collar which I really like.  All that said, while the style and material are different, there are similarities mainly because they are both  belted styles and "blue."  I like the pink one, although I envision Shibori in blue.  But I think the pink would look great with white jeans/pants in warmer months.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  Thanks for your reply about the Isaac jacket. I was waiting to get the Logo to see if i was keeping it before ordering the Isaac. I do like the navy better in the Isaac but I think you are right and so I'll probably order the pink. It is certainly a great price. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@1Professor. Thank you! 😘  That's great news for me (and confirms what I suspected about "woven denim." )The excitement is building to get mine!  For you and @Biftu  how wide are the sleeves all arm length? Had a concern ordering my larger size that sleeves might be too wide.

Did you ladies see a tie dye blazer is up? I don't like the lapels and the length is shorter than I'd want but it might appeal to one of you.

@Pearlee @Biftu @dulwich @Kachina624 @sunshine45 + all

Okay. It's coming.

Did think the tie dye was a bit BRIGHT. But it's ponte knit so I can wear it to teach (if I ever get to a classroom again).

Went with the gray/black, but had been tempted by the purplish one:

a396125_060.102.jpeg

a396125_g72.102.jpeg

@1Professor  The black/grey is what I would choose too.  It's sometimes difficult to tell the true colors from the web site. 

They presented the jacket earlier today in the Saturday Morning Show. Since it is fashion show today, it has also been show in other presentations, in case you want to check it out.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor. How long are the sleeves on this, and what are they like inside if you have to turn the sleeve up? Do you just see lining?

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   There's no lining on the inside. Seam shows. Double roll gives a casual look, but I just shove mine up.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

my 2 cents

All of her denim is woven. That is the definition of denim. The spandex woven in is what gives it stretch.  The opposite would be knit, and we all know what that is--flexibelle, quacker factory, can't remember what they call it, but it's awful, it picks easily, only lasts six months at most.

eta

My experience with knit jeans is with Flexibelle.