Esteemed Contributor

Review - A394716 Shibori Denim Jacket

Just one word - LOVE!  I have quite a collection of lovely denim jackets, but this is far and away my all time favorite. The denim is the perfect weight, not heavy nor bulky.  Love the style, it's very slimming belted, but I can also see it working well unbelted. The length is just right for this jacket.  I got my usual size 0 and it fits perfectly except the sleeves are a bit long, but that is always the case for me.  Folding them over works fine as folded the print still shows. It's pricy for sure, but being a fan of Shibori it is well worth the price to me.  I can't believe it arrived so fast.

Thanks @1Professor  for pointing this out.  I hope you love yours as much as I do.

Respected Contributor

Re: Review - A394716 Shibori Denim Jacket

[ Edited ]

@Biftu   Happily (I'm way on the California coast), mine arrives Wednesday! Even more excited with your positive review.

Shibori dreams tonight . . .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu wrote:

Just one word - LOVE!  I have quite a collection of lovely denim jackets, but this is far and away my all time favorite. The denim is the perfect weight, not heavy nor bulky.  Love the style, it's very slimming belted, but I can also see it working well unbelted. The length is just right for this jacket.  I got my usual size 0 and it fits perfectly except the sleeves are a bit long, but that is always the case for me.  Folding them over works fine as folded the print still shows. It's pricy for sure, but being a fan of Shibori it is well worth the price to me.  I can't believe it arrived so fast.

Thanks @1Professor  for pointing this out.  I hope you love yours as much as I do.

@Biftu  I'm so happy you love it (and I can't believe how fast it came!). I can feel how excited you are about it. It isn't that pricey for what it is, esp if you love it this much. And oh, I know how many other denim jackets you have so saying it's your favorite is really something!

I also ordered it and from what I saw on the model I knew the sleeves would be too long. Very happy you can roll them up and they are OK.

Now I'm worried about the size I ordered, which was the larger of the two possibilities based on @1Professor 's comments about draping and the woven denim description which sounds like no give. I hope it won't be too large.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@Biftu  I'm so happy you love it (and I can't believe how fast it came!). I can feel how excited you are about it. Itvisn't that pricey for whatvitvis, esp if you love it this much. And oh, I know how many other denim jackets you have so saying it's your favorite is really something!

I also ordered it and from what I saw on the model I knew thesleeves would be too long. Very happy you can roll them up and they are OK.

Now I'm worried about the size I ordered, whichwas the larger ofctetwo possibilities based on @1Professor 's comments about draping and the woven denim description which sounds lie no give. I hope it won't be too large.

@Pearlee   Feeling good about the luxury of ordering 2 sizes. One is bound to be correct . . .

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@Biftu  I'm so happy you love it (and I can't believe how fast it came!). I can feel how excited you are about it. Itvisn't that pricey for whatvitvis, esp if you love it this much. And oh, I know how many other denim jackets you have so saying it's your favorite is really something!

I also ordered it and from what I saw on the model I knew thesleeves would be too long. Very happy you can roll them up and they are OK.

Now I'm worried about the size I ordered, whichwas the larger ofctetwo possibilities based on @1Professor 's comments about draping and the woven denim description which sounds lie no give. I hope it won't be too large.

@Pearlee   Feeling good about the luxury of ordering 2 sizes. One is bound to be correct . . .

@1Professor  Well go ahead and gloat, but I refuse to spend a small fortune on Q's return fees, even without using their return label and paying myself to return. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@Pearlee  At least for me it was a good purchase, and you're right, if you feel great in something price becomes secondary.  I know I will reach for this often.  I was pleased that turning the sleeves back once worked fine since the pattern is still there and that was enough for me to roll.  I know you have the same issue as I do with sleeve lengths.  This jacket does have give. You can't go by me since I am an easy fit in my usual size.  Since it is belted you can sinch it so unless the top portion is too big you may be ok. Hope it works for you.

Esteemed Contributor

I might have to have this jacket. Awaiting feedback on sizing.

@Biftu : thank you for bringing this gem to my attention. I love and have many of LG's pants. I "need" another jacket like a hole in my head, but this...

Justifying by my all-time low Q card bill that arrived yesterday (I paid more at the gas pump this week) and next week's birthday. Yes, definitely pricey to me, but I think cost per wear could also justify the purchase.

Respected Contributor

@Biftu   As a !Heads Up! two of the NEW Logo denim jeans are up and already fans scarfing them up.

Including me.

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Biftu   As a !Heads Up! two of the NEW Logo denim jeans are up and already fans scarfing them up.

Including me.

@1Professor  Yes!  I posted this early this morning.  I have two sizes in my cart and can't decide which to order.  This darn pandemic has not been kind to my food indulgences.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now I'm worried about the size I ordered, which was the larger of the two possibilities based on @1Professor 's comments about draping and the woven denim description which sounds like no give. I hope it won't be too large.

@Pearlee   You won't be disappointed, I suspect.

Mine came today size 6 (all my LOGO denim jackets) and size 8.

The size 6 was a bit too small/tight, no overlap at all.

@Biftu  The 8 was just right (feels like Goldilocks and the 3 bears, bed choosing).

Wearing now. So soft, so comfortable. Lush indigo.

I will also wear it with a wide waist silk scarf, on occasion. As with kimonos. Even a Patricia Nash scarf, of which I have several.