Honored Contributor

Re: Review A378661 TSV Logo TSV Denim Jacket

I've not worn my mauve jacket but have tried it on several times and the buttons are already easier to work just from the several try-ons. Their initial tightness won't be a problem. Am returning the black one.
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  I have tried my mauve jacket twice but somehow I do not ‘feel right’ in the colour.  I am awaiting the light wash denim jacket which was to ship 3/28 if this works better I may return mauve one as I do like the jacket!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  Just got e mail denim blue jacket was shipped today.  

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   Received my light wash denim jacket.  

Could not undo one button! had to wait for  DH to have a try and put up with comments - ‘why do you need this, send it back, bl——dy buttons, why is it frayed, bl—dy buttons, made in China, bl—dy buttons etc, etc, ‘

However, I do like it, feels better and colour looks better so mauve going back bl—dy buttons being kept.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich 😄😄😄😄 You and bl--dy hubby made me laugh! Please tell him, as I posted above, that the button holes do loosen up and I doubt you'll ever use the top two.

I'm really happy you like the new one. Since you said you didn't already own a jean jacket you should at least own one in the traditional color. You are all-American now. 🇺🇸
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee  Bl—dy  right now a fully fledged American lol.

p.s. just found buttons on sleeves still done up - will work on the, myself!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich. @Biftu. I did send my black one back and have the mauve which I haven't yet worn but tried on so many times that as I say, the button holes loosened up. But I'm having some indecision about it (one reason I haven't worn it yet) and under the 90 day return policy I'm still thinking about it.

I do like the color (not love but do like) and other things about it. It's the length that is the issue. Out of the bag I really liked it but when first tried it on I thought the longer length Jean jacket looked so odd. Not bad but odd; I wasn't used to a jean jacket that length, i.e. all the top stuff looks like one but the bottom doesn't! So it looks to me like a strange Jean jacket. The thing is, I do like and need a jacket this length (covers up nicely areas I want covered up, esp after weight gain) and like the weight and stretch in the material and the color (although don't love the color I like it and it will go with everything). It was also a good TSV price

Any thoughts for me? Also one reviewer said she washed it and the frayed hem became a tangled mess.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee I Where I am with jacket...

I modeled mine this p.m. for family.  Biggest remark was ‘Mum it’s a funny length’.   I am going to try it on tomorrow with ‘proper’ jeans/pants as I was in very old sweats to see if I look - Lord help me  - svelte!  if Lori can do this it’ll be a miracle but I do like the jacket.

As you say it covers nicely, has stretch, but I want to make sure tomorrow dressed more appropriately.  I, personally, quite like the length this was one of the reasons I ordered it.  I liked the mauve  - it was my first choice -  but it did not look good on me the blue suits me much better so I am leaning towards keeping it.  

Re the ‘released’ hem.  Your comment made me check my hem and it is a bit of a mess.  

Not really noticeable but half is released and half is - well - ‘captured’ no release on it just rough hem.  I guess I can snip off the other threads and then I will end up with bl—dy buttons, captured hem jacket - if you know what I mean.  So there isn’t enough release to get tangled but I did check reviews and this did not appear to be problem.

Well we have enough time to decide.  Wear yours tomorrow around the house and you will soon know whether you want it or not and I think the price was good for what I still think is a good jacket.

Sorry for the rambling put it down to isolation I actually did yoga this a.m. at end of our drive with neighbors opposite at end of their drive shouting instructions across about 6 of us - downward dog will never be the same!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich, thanks very much for your thoughts. I do agree with the "Mum it's a funny length" comment!
The more I try it on the more I get used to the funny length for a jean jacket; my reaction isn't nearly what it was the first time I tried it.

As you suggest, I will wear it around a bit more before I decide for sure about it. It sounds like you really like the blue one so don't let your family sway you!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   Decision made mine is packed  and ready for return.  After lots of trying on, wearing around decided it is not for me sadly going back - it is the length that does not work on my body.  Sadly still have to find My American Jean jacket. 

I have quite a few ‘tour’ jackets- kind of bomber jacket style - not the really short cropped, tight, type more waist and just below length, and these look good on me that was my deciding factor - I do like Logo jacket but it does not do much for me.

Hope you have better luck with your great colour mauve one.