Honored Contributor

I got the white one - I've decided to hem it.  The ragged edge just wasn't "me."

Rather easy to hem - the fold marks are still there.  Just pinned it up - and I'm hemming.  I'll steam it tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA    I agree, that ratty edge looks cheap and unfinished.  I'm going to hem mine too.  I also hate the buttons but don't see that anything can be done about them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I ordered two of them, returned both same day.  Didn't fit well and just looked awful.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Be sure you have a sharp needle to hem.  Denim is too thick for my sewing machine and sewing by hand is slow going on heavy fabric. 

On the upside - the fold lines are apparent - so no measuring needed!

I don't mind the buttons - I think they work with the dark top stitching detail on the white jacket.  And, I doubt I'd ever bother buttoning the jacket.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ALRATIBA    I agree, that ratty edge looks cheap and unfinished.  I'm going to hem mine too.  I also hate the buttons but don't see that anything can be done about them.

Honored Contributor

@IdahoGram 

I read quite a few comments here about fit.  I ordered my usual LOGO size and the one I got (white) ... fits just fine.  

When I ordered the jacket, my intention was to hem it - and I went back and forth with myself on it when I got it ..... and then finally decided today to hem. 

I had my sewing stuff out to sew all my pants pockets closed - and just kept going on the jacket hem!  Still have more pants to "de-pocket."

-------------------------------------------------------

@IdahoGram wrote:

I ordered two of them, returned both same day.  Didn't fit well and just looked awful.

Respected Contributor

Speaking of pockets, I HATE pockets.  To me, all they do is add weight.  And I'm not used to using pockets on any clothing item.  So for me, they are a waste!!!!!

Rant over!

Woman Tongue

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA    My old machine will sail right over that denim.  I'll zigzag the edge, turn it up and sew into place by machine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment