Esteemed Contributor

Re: REVIEW A394715 Print or Solid Seamed Knit Midi Dress

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

I'm very pleased with my dress in the tie dye.  Nice weight for those hot days.  I ordered my usual size in petite and it is perfect.  Even the length which comes below my knees is the length I like.  The tie dye on mine had none of those unwanted splotches @Pearlee  like we dread getting.  You kind of predicted this wouldn't work for you, guess you were right.  You now know for sure this style is not for you.

@Biftu. I'm really happy you like yours, it fits nicely, and doesn't have the dreaded white splotches. As I posted above, the PL I got had very minimal of that, not an issue at all, whereas the PM had more and larger ones. I think you own the fuschia tie dye boyfriend pants too (item #in my OP). Do you also  think this tie dye greatly resembles that?

@Pearlee  Sorry this dress didn't work out for you, but you do have those boyfriend pants which as I do too and really like a lot.  Yes, I think the tie dye print in the dress resembles the jeans.  Nice colors in both.

Honored Contributor

Re: REVIEW A394715 Print or Solid Seamed Knit Midi Dress

@Suziqzee wrote:

I'm with you @Pearlee. It's matronly on me too, and it's going back. I think one thing for me is the neck shape/height. If this was a v-neck, perhaps it would not make my bustline appear so low and large, which seems to add to the old-lady vibe this dress gives me, with my pear body shape.  I remind myself of Thelma May Harper (Mama) on the Carol Burnett show, lol. 

I'm happy to hear that it works so well for others, just not for my body type. 

What are these "white splotches" you've mentioned? 

@Suziqzee  That is an exact description of my bustline  in it also and I too am pear shaped. But I don't think a V neck would help that much. 

In hand dyed tie dye, some parts of the fabric don't get dyed at all, probably due to being folded. Those parts remain white; it is common. The larger they are, the worse they look. If there are one or two small places, in the back down by the hem  or underneath an arm, no problem.  But a big splotch of it on your chest front and center is unsightly. On my PL size there were a couple of unnoticeable small ones, but there were more obvious and larger ones on the PM.