New Contributor

Proposition 65 - unable to ship LOGO to California?

Hi Everyone, 

I know there have been previous posts about this issue but I'm getting conflicting answers from QVC about it. I tried to order a LOGO tank set today and was unable to have it shipped to California. Upon reaching out to QVC via chat (the responses made me feel like it was some sort of joke), I was tol that NO items from QVC could be shipped to California. My understanding of the messages received was good luck shopping with us ever again if you live in California. 

Was wondering whether anyone is able to help clarify a couple of things?

1) Does this shipping restriction indeed apply to EVERY SINGLE item listed on QVC.com (as in, NOTHING can be shipped to California)?

2) Is QVC doing anything to try to lift the restriction?

Many Thanks, 

Alice

Valued Contributor

Re: Proposition 65 - unable to ship LOGO to California?

What??? I live in California and I know that Prop 65 refers to chemicals that can polute drinking water.  Products need to have a specific labeling on them if they have one of the chemicals in them that are on the long list.  Some huge colored triangle ... on the lable.  If the product doesn't have that labeling, there is an enormous fine.  I don't know how that applies to garments.  Unless, the garment is made with a product that is on the "list" (think polyester and materials made with chemicals). Lori's garments are not 100% natural fiber.  I suppose that would apply to anything that is made with the prohibited chemicals.  Another instance of California becoming a crazy place to live!!  People don't read the fine print in these propositions (in this state, sometimes we will have up to 10 of them on the ballot) and then when it affects them they scream "recall".  That is happening with the gas tax on this ballot. 

Occasional Contributor

I tried to order a few Tarte items and got the same message.  

Honored Contributor

Are you ladies telling me that there are items you want to buy and you can't receive them because you live in California?

That seems unAmerican?  I don't understand?

Respected Contributor

See discussions re this under customer care - or should I say customer non care!

I have, so far, three items non shippable to CA - S,Graver jewelry,reading glasses - see my earlier threads under c.care and others also affected.

Now Logo - and still no comment from Q.  I e mailed vendors in my cases, only received one reply from Foster Clarks - so we're on our own in this Ladies.

New Contributor

Thanks for everyone's responses. I was told that nothing from QVC will ship to California but from reading other threads it seems to be only some of the items? Not sure if anyone has had any luck having anything shipped to California from the Q?

Honored Contributor

@Retiredpsych wrote:

What??? I live in California and I know that Prop 65 refers to chemicals that can polute drinking water.  Products need to have a specific labeling on them if they have one of the chemicals in them that are on the long list.  Some huge colored triangle ... on the lable.  If the product doesn't have that labeling, there is an enormous fine.  I don't know how that applies to garments.  Unless, the garment is made with a product that is on the "list" (think polyester and materials made with chemicals). Lori's garments are not 100% natural fiber.  I suppose that would apply to anything that is made with the prohibited chemicals.  Another instance of California becoming a crazy place to live!!  People don't read the fine print in these propositions (in this state, sometimes we will have up to 10 of them on the ballot) and then when it affects them they scream "recall".  That is happening with the gas tax on this ballot. 

@Retiredpsych

In the case of garments, especially made overseas, they are treated with chemicals to avoid bugs and mildew, while being shipped over in huge containers on ships.

When the garments are washed, the chemicals can enter the water table.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Mamma TheoDora   Who told you nothing from Q can be shipped to CA?  I have successfully in last week shipped to CA Logo tank, Clark's tsv shoes we are en route moving back to CA.  so hope this  is not the case for future purchases!

It depends on what is used in the manufacture of items - I gather if listed under Prop 65. item must have warning label  then, supposedly it can be shipped.

Who knows?  -   and Q is not issuing any explanation or assurance to its customers.

E mail your vendor - Logo? Let them know the problem - from other discussions under Customer Care this has happened to purchasers of I.Mizrahi, Linea, S,G. Now Logo and many others.  Hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

New Contributor

@dulwichthanks so much for your reply, I used the online chat feature on the QVC site and the agent told me that this restriction applies to every single item on QVC and I can't order anything. I said I ordered something earlier this month and received it without any issues to which his response was just something along the lines of good for you? I tried to clarify many times and got the same response, cannot order anything at all. When asked how long this restriction will last he responded with "good question" lol. I didn't get a sense that anything was being done about this at all so that's what really frustrated me. Kind of felt like they didn't want our business. Then tried to use the facebook messenger feature and received a similar response (with slightly more clarification but still indicating nothing can be shipped to CA). 

It's totally understandable that the law is intended to protect consumers and the environment and warning labels are appreciated but the way this whole thing was handled was just very frustrating. It could have just been the agent I happened to get but I think it would have been better if customer service could have given more information and not mislead customers into thinking they're being banished from this website for living in California.

Respected Contributor

I don't see where this is any fault of QVC.  California changed their law and there's not a whole lot that QVC can do about that.  I'm sure they would love to sell you lots and ship it all to you, but they just can't.