Honored Contributor

Re: Proposition 65 - unable to ship LOGO to California?

For this no chemical that could cause harm may be shipped into the state law....bravo California!

i don’t agree with many of their ideas but this one I think is for the good health of the people and the future.

Valued Contributor

I think the manufacturer has to complete some paperwork before the items can be shipped.  LDO's tights had the same problem, but they are now cleared to be shipped to CA.  

Respected Contributor

@tipsy   I agree it is the vendors' responsibility but it would have been nice, I think, for Q to make a statement to this effect to its customers as everyday there seems to be a new product that cannot be shipped.  I think it is called customer service!

Valued Contributor

@dulwich yes it would have been nice, but the Q never explained anything.  There was a lot of discussion about it with the Linea ladies. The Q had to have had advance notice about something huge like that.  It's like they didn't care that they would lose a ton of sales & CA residents were wondering what was going on!  I live in CA but fortunately I haven't bought anything that couldn't be shipped (so far).

Honored Contributor

Forever I've been suggesting to first wash everything.  Especially newborn/baby items.

Whether or not in CA.  Everywhere.

Better to be safe. 

Lots of preventative (disease, bugs, etc.) sprays on just about everything.  It's probably for our safety.  Who wants mold/mildew on our clothing?

Keep in mind that I'm not a fan of chemicals in general, but sometimes they're needed to prevent all sorts of not- so-good things happening.

So, best thing to do is wash everything first.

I'm only guessing that the CA people are buying all sorts of clothing items from 'C' in brick and mortar stores. 

Well, that's all for now.

Wishing all well.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Why can’t we buy our clothing from USA,Canada and Mexico.We don’t need to spray those...the bugs can cross  borders anytime on their own.

New Contributor

That’s exactly what’s happened! I couldn’t buy jeans and a sweater today. Unbelievable! I wish QVC would tell us what their policy is. The law says they must give a warning about the product, not that they can;t ship to CA.

Trusted Contributor

I tried to order a Basso vest and was told it couldn't ship to me here in CA. Of course, the new CA law was announced more than 2 years before it went into affect so vendors have had more than enough time to make any necessary changes in order to make their products CA compliant. Since some haven't done so it seems to me that it was either too much trouble for them, or they don't care if CA residents can purchase their products, or not.

BTW, the most recent CA gas tax was never voted on by the voters. It was simply implemented without voter approval. It is on the Nov. ballot and we now have the opportunity to repeal it.

Member Since 11/20/2008