Super Contributor

Not eligible for return - What the!?!

Mabye this is a mistake or oversight, but I just checked on A369087 because of another thread, and right now - at this moment (8:38pm CST, Tuesday, September 24) - this brand new item is listed as "Not eligible for return." HUH?!  I had objected when I saw this notice as part of their new "drastically reduced item" schtick. Thought it was really cheesy of the Q to go in this direction, despite deep discounts.

One of the things I have long valued about the Q was the ability to return. The 30 limitation was enough. Does anyone know if this might be a mistake, new policy, or what? Seems like a very stupid move. The Q provides entertainment as well as merch,  but you know what? There are a lot of places and ways to order online in this day and age and, despite all of the Q's showmanship, I can shop elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

Re: Not eligible for return - What the!?!

This question should be in Customer Care.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

@Mirren consider yourself lucky - that seems like it's overpriced, and you could buy a similar item at lots of other retailers.

Maybe they anticipate a lot of returns and don't want to be stuck with returned coats.

If you like it enought to fork over $140, buyer beware.  Sounds like it's some sort of "special edition 10th anniversary item", so that's probably why it doesn't give the option of return.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@Mirren  I would check with customer service or post in the "Customer Care" section have one of the MOD's on this forum to check this out for you. Perhaps it is a mistake!

Honored Contributor

Seems very odd that a brand new, fully priced item would not be eligible for return.  What if you ended up with the wrong size or the color didn't suit you?

I wouldn't take a chance on it.

Super Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@Mirren  I would check with customer service or post in the "Customer Care" section have one of the MOD's on this forum to check this out for you. Perhaps it is a mistake!

Thanks! I am still learning these forums, believe it or not and didn't even know about Customer Care! Now I see it at bottom of list. Sigh. I hope its a mistake and not a new policy!

Honored Contributor

Why would anyone in their right mind purchase something from a website that you cannot return??????  Perhaps the Q wants to lose customers.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mirren 

It's not a mistake, any items listed as 'Clearance Blowout' are not eligible for returns, unless the item is defective or wrong item/size/color is sent.

It's a new category QVC recently started.

ETA:

My apologies, I did manage to miss the "brand new item", even though you bolded it, LOL!

It was past my bedtime and my brain obviously wasn't fully engaged!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Why would anyone in their right mind purchase something from a website that you cannot return??????  Perhaps the Q wants to lose customers.

Haha - you got that right. Frankly, I think the policy even stinks for their radically discounted stuff. I have steadfastly avoided online stores that pulled that. Looks like my Q shopping habits will have to change. Cz you know what? It is not just about particular items - it's the mingy, ungenerous attitude. They've existed all this time by standing by their merchandise in ways a lot of other establishments did not. They're gonna ruin it for themselves.

Super Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Mirren 

It's not a mistake, any items listed as 'Clearance Blowout' are not eligible for returns, unless the item is defective or wrong item/size/color is sent.

It's a new category QVC recently started.

This is a BRAND NEW ITEM, and not cheap...taking it to Customer Care, as advised.