Honored Contributor

Re: New jersey dress, pockets, long sleeve!

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@1Professor  I can't tell from your OP whether you are reviewing the dress or just talking about it ?

I pre-ordered the black when I first saw it (it was thankfully already  at the ODO price when I ordered it) but haven't received it yet.  Good thing I pre-ordered since it sold out.  I knew from the fabric content that it was going to be super soft and comfortable.

When I saw it was ODO, I waitlisted my other choice which is the teal one (the sandstone one started appealing to me when Amy put it on, but when I tried to order it it was completely sold out).   I hope I get the black while the teal is still on waitlist, so if I have any reason for not wanting two of them after I try it on, I can cancel that one.  From the on-air presentation, it looks like it has the possibility of overwhelming me.

By the way, I absolutely love the hemline, which has been around for years now; I think it is here to stay.  YAY!

@1Professor  Well I'll take it upon myself to turn this into a review thread then!  Smiley Happy

I received the black, tried it on, and immediately canceled my waitlist for the teal one.

@I don't love this dress although there are positive things about it.  As @Biftu knows, I usually don't buy skirts and dresses but made an exception for the sleeveless TSV dress not too long ago.  Gosh, that dress looks so much better on me (got the black and the green) than this one.

On the plus side, I do like the length which is pretty long on my 5'3" but certainly not floor length, the hemline, and the heavier weight of the fabric for fall and winter.  This dress could be worn when it's really cold out - it's nothing like her rayon/span and it's heavier than a lot of her Fr. terry garments.   It's also very soft fabric as I knew it would be, but it also feels a little rubbery to me.

I will say it is not flattering at all on me.  As I feared, it's got a lot of fabric in front  -- too much although going down a size to a small would be too small on me because the sleeves would then be too tight.  The sleeves are not generously cut and although not tight in the medium, they are form-fitting onto my arms.  The dress just doesn't look good - the TSV dress was much more fitted and flattered my figure.  This does not at all - my body is kind of swimming in the fabric.  

I'm glad I received this while I could still cancel my waitlist order.  For those who love it when it arrives and it fits them better than it does me, enjoy it.  I do think it's worth the price for a basic black dress and for having a LOGO garment that will be good to wear in cold weather. I'll be eager to read what the rest of you who are getting it have to say about it.

ETA:  I just read the reviews - I'm definitely in the minority!  They are all raves, but one doesn't count because the person didn't get in on the dress, merely liked it and asked that it be brought back.

Respected Contributor

I received mine today in the teal. I love it. It's super soft, like wearing a nightgown, and it's not tight on me at all. The color is a muted, heathered dark teal which will be nice for colder weather. I almost went down a size but glad I didn't. I'm 5'8 and it falls a little above the ankle on me. I did fear it might be a little shapeless but it's not. If I could have afforded to get another one I would have bought black.
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbird  FYI  See  this thread.

Trusted Contributor

I just discovered this dress on the forum. No longer availbale, but I hope they bring it back. Seems to have gotten great reviews.

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:
I received mine today in the teal. I love it. It's super soft, like wearing a nightgown, and it's not tight on me at all. The color is a muted, heathered dark teal which will be nice for colder weather. I almost went down a size but glad I didn't. I'm 5'8 and it falls a little above the ankle on me. I did fear it might be a little shapeless but it's not. If I could have afforded to get another one I would have bought black.

@Cumbercookie13  You can have my black one if you wear a size medium once I return it!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@gigy wrote:

I just discovered this dress on the forum. No longer availbale, but I hope they bring it back. Seems to have gotten great reviews.

@gigy  Keep checking every day.  Some will pop back in from people who didn't send in their checks or who canceled their orders.  You can also look for it As Is from people who return theirs but As Is has been dismal lately, as our poster friend @Biftu has pointed out.  Keep checking several times a day though on the item number - some always pop back in, although I couldn't guarantee your size/color choice.

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gigy wrote:

@gigy  Keep checking every day.  Some will pop back in from people who didn't send in their checks or who canceled their orders.  You can also look for it As Is from people who return theirs but As Is has been dismal lately, as our poster friend @Biftu has pointed out.  Keep checking several times a day though on the item number - some always pop back in, although I couldn't guarantee your size/color choice.

@PearleeI've been doing this, however, my size, (XXS or XS) keeps popping up as available, then when I try to order it, I'm told the item is sold out. I'm so frustrated with the Q right now. I really want this dress! This even happened to me on the night of the presentation, it hadn't been showing as sold out yet, but when I tried to order any color in my size, I got that message that it wasn't available. I hope I find something as-is. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@Cumbercookie13  You can have my black one if you wear a size medium once I return it!  Smiley Happy

@Pearlee I'm a 3X, it wouldn't go past my shoulders! But I found a similar black dress in Goodwill Saturday. It still had the tags on it. And since it was last Saturday of the month, it was 50% off too! I'll just pretend it's Logo. Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Received my dress today and it is perfect.  So soft, ordered the sandstone color, fits great in my reg size large - I am very happy with it and love the color will be able to wear with my sleeveless Logo zip front vest and hoodie.  Also looks good belted with my cowboy boots.  Very happy with this purchase.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Received my dress today and it is perfect.  So soft, ordered the sandstone color, fits great in my reg size large - I am very happy with it and love the color will be able to wear with my sleeveless Logo zip front vest and hoodie.  Also looks good belted with my cowboy boots.  Very happy with this purchase.

@dulwich  I'm very happy you like your dress. That sandstone color is pretty too.

I'm definitely in the minority about not liking this dress, but my second try-on convinced me it was a no-go for me.   I'm glad you like yours better.  I think it will be very useful to those for whom it worked out well. Enjoy it!  That color has a lot of great possibilites for colorful jewelry to wear with it.