Honored Contributor

Re: New Ltd Edition Denim Coat

@Biftu  Still thinking about the gray one. Please let me know what you think of yours when you get it and whether you are keeping it. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee @Biftu I received my blue coat yesterday.  I am over the moon with it.  It is beautiful and fits great.  I got the 0.  It looks good both button up and left open.  I like that the lining isn't all sherpa it would be too much.  The length is good on me as well being 5'3.  I think the gray would be stunning  especially with the black sherpa.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky  Thank you! So happy you like it! And I'm glad you mentioned your height since I too am 5'3".  

Since it isn't all sherpa inside which I knew, how warm is it? Also, i kniw what you said about the size fitting well but since I'm between two  numerical  sizes do you recommend I go with the lower or higher of the 2 possibilities (and if the coat isn't real warm I'll need room for a sweater under it). 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pecky  Thank you! So happy you like it! And I'm glad you mentioned your height since I too am 5'3".  

Since it isn't all sherpa inside which I knew, how warm is it? Also, i kniw what you said about the size fitting well but since I'm between two  numerical  sizes do you recommend I go with the lower or higher of the 2 possibilities (and if the coat isn't real warm I'll need room for a sweater under it). 

@Pearlee This is perfect for cool days and when you don't want a very warm coat. Perfect for errands and going to the mall.  I wouldn't wear it in very cold weather especially if I were to be outside for a long period of time. It does run large, I ordered the 0 and I can still wear a sweater  underneath and have plenty of room.  I do have a very small frame if that helps at all.  It really is a great coat.  

Honored Contributor

@Pecky  Thank you, that is helpful. I know you will enjoy wearing yours.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky  So glad you love your coat.  Thanks for your review.  I too ordered the 0 but was a bit concerned when Amy said she was wearing the 2.   I'm looking forward to receiving mine.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu  Still thinking about the gray one. Please let me know what you think of yours when you get it and whether you are keeping it. Thanks!

@Pearlee  Oh I'm keeping it!  I have to say this was one of my best Logo purchases.  The fit in my usual size is perfect in the blue.  That being said, when I saw it selling out and Amy saying she was wearing a 2 I ordered the grey in the 2 just in case with the intention I would have at least one that fit and I could return one.  Oh gosh I love them both!  Gotta decide what to do. There is little difference between the 0 and the 2, they both fit.

Back to my review.  There is plenty of stretch in the fabric, enough to wear a light or average weight sweater underneath.  Like @Pecky It probably wouldn't work on extremely cold days, but with a sweater underneath and a scarf it would be fine to wear if you were just running errands in and out of the car.  The length is fine on me,  not too long at all and follows the lines of the body.  And best of all the sleeves are perfect -- rolled to show the Sherpa of course.  The buttons on the blue are a dulled bronze color while on the grey they are grey which look nice.  As I said both sizes work for me,  but if sizing is a concern going up a size would probably work especially with a sweater though I would say it runs true to size.  Don't hesitate to get it if you are still on the fence, it's a great piece to have in your wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  Oh thank you! That's amazing that both the 0 and the 2 work, with little difference.

Here is my sizing  issue -- with this long of a coat, I'm concerned about  being able to button it over my too-ample  hips which, combined woth your comments, would make me lean toward the larger of my 2 sizes.  The fabric being stretchy though, is an argument for the lower of my 2 sizes. Is the body of the coat when you button it up semifitted, or more A-shaped? (Again I'm think of my hips and butt and not wanting it to "cup" me anywhere but I don't want it too large either. )    Thanks for all your infotmation.

I can tell how excited you are about this one ... I hope you keep both!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu  Oh thank you! That's amazing that both the 0 and the 2 work, with little difference.

Here is my sizing  issue -- with this long of a coat, I'm concerned about  being able to button it over my too-ample  hips which, combined woth your comments, would make me lean toward the larger of my 2 sizes.  The fabric being stretchy though, is an argument for the lower of my 2 sizes. Is the body of the coat when you button it up semifitted, or more A-shaped? (Again I'm think of my hips and butt and not wanting it to "cup" me anywhere but I don't want it too large either. )    Thanks for all your infotmation.

@Pearlee  I think you probably would be better off with the larger size, though I wouldn't want to steer you wrong.  I would say it is semi fitted as opposed to A-shaped.  The fabric does have stretch but you don't want it stretching over your body.  I understand your size concerns because I was too, that's why I bought both sizes and just lucked out that both worked.  Sizing decisions can sometimes be tuff especially since many of us are still experiencing the pandemic pounds.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee  I think you probably would be better off with the larger size, though I wouldn't want to steer you wrong.  I would say it is semi fitted as opposed to A-shaped.  The fabric does have stretch but you don't want it stretching over your body.  I understand your size concerns because I was too, that's why I bought both sizes and just lucked out that both worked.  Sizing decisions can sometimes be tuff especially since many of us are still experiencing the pandemic pounds.

@Biftu  Exactly!  Thanks very much for your input my friend. 🙂 Enjoy yours.  The blue is much more casual than the gray, you should keep both.