Esteemed Contributor

A285360 - Plaid shirt with lace trim

A286977 - Twill ankle pants with lace detail

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@We've caught a sneak peek of the models wearing the pants with lace detail. They are very cute.  At over $80 for them, I'm glad I'm only liking one of the colors (the blue). I hear "dark elm" calling @Biftu's name!  Smiley Happy   Her prices just keep creeping up and up....

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@We've caught a sneak peek of the models wearing the pants with lace detail. They are very cute.  At over $80 for them, I'm glad I'm only liking one of the colors (the blue). I hear "dark elm" calling @Biftu's name!  Smiley Happy   Her prices just keep creeping up and up....

@Pearlee - Ha Ha you got that right!  Although I do like the blue best but $80!  I'm wondering if the measurement length given includes the lace.  Why am I even talking about them!  You could just add a piece of lace to the hem of pants you already own. -- of course I couldn't.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  I couldn't add one either! LOL  First I'd have to go shelepping around to find appropriate lace, yada yada, and even if I attempted to do it, it would never look right!

Over $80 though --- this is getting out of control!

Super Contributor

Re: New Items 4/28

[ Edited ]

@Biftu@Pearlee Its funny you mentioned adding lace to the pants, I did add lace to a alabaster  logo tank I have and I am not one who sews. I went with the tank  to Hobby Lobby and the sales  girl helped me pick out some lace and I borrowed a sewing machine and added the lace to the tank. 

I just wanted to extend the life of the tank  for layering....I surprised myself!

I bet someone craftier than me could add lace to their pants...it is a cute look.

Honored Contributor

@Pjcab wrote:

@Biftu@Pearlee Its funny you mentioned adding lace to the pants, I did add lace to a alabaster  logo tank I have and I am not one who sews. I went with the tank  to Hobby Lobby and the sales  girl helped me pick out some lace and I borrowed a sewing macine and added the lace to the tank. 

I just wanted to extend the life of the tank  for layering....I surprised myself!

I bet someone craftier than me could add lace to their pants...it is a cute look.

@Pjcab  Your tip came to a screeching halt for me with the two words "sewing machine."  LOL  

Valued Contributor

Seems to be no shame in what they are going to charge for LG clothes.  I don't think the cost of material and labor has gone up that much since she first came to QVC.  I'll go to a local upscale boutique where I can see and feel and try on the clothing at similar or even less prices before I'll pay $80 plus for a simply pair of pants.  I love her clothes but no way I'll pay these prices!

Honored Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

Seems to be no shame in what they are going to charge for LG clothes.  I don't think the cost of material and labor has gone up that much since she first came to QVC.  I'll go to a local upscale boutique where I can see and feel and try on the clothing at similar or even less prices before I'll pay $80 plus for a simply pair of pants.  I love her clothes but no way I'll pay these prices!

@just wonder  Most boutiques where I shop have heftier price tags than $80 on pants.  Heck, Not Your Daughter's Jeans are more than that in dept. stores.  You must have some very unusual clothing boutiques.  

Super Contributor

@Pearlee How funny! I am NOT crafty or  one who sews, it was just a whim, and it worked out!

Trusted Contributor

Re: New Items 4/28

[ Edited ]

It would probably work to use Aleene's OK to Wash-It fabric glue to attach the lace. No sewing machine that way.Smiley Very Happy The lace on Lori's pants doesn't look too fancy and I'm pretty sure similar lace could be found at Joanne's or Beverly's. I sew but I could see using the glue instead. Of course, I wouldn't put any garment I used it on in the dryer.

Member Since 11/20/2008