Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: New Harlequin Top and a Coat

Shark bite hems are not flattering, unless you are totally flat chested.   If you have any chest, tops are “shark bite” anyway, so when you remove those inches from the front even more, it just pulls it up further making it too short in front.

They need a model with a bosom just to show what it does to a shark bite hem. 

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

Shark bite hems are not flattering, unless you are totally flat chested.   If you have any chest, tops are “shark bite” anyway, so when you remove those inches from the front even more, it just pulls it up further making it too short in front.

They need a model with a bosom just to show what it does to a shark bite hem. 

I have bosoms, wear shark bite hems frequently, and they re just fine.  Thanks for your opinion though.   I'll keep on wearing mine and getting frequent compliments on them.

Honored Contributor

I'm bustier than I would like and shark bite hems look good on me....it's the overall fit of how good a top looks.

As for the coat, yes it looks like it runs big and I don't think it's as warm as I think by glancing at it.  It looks like the lining is a thin fleece....but I like the look of it a lot & the print is pretty!

Respected Contributor

@haddon9

I hope the coat is warm.  I’m counting on it replacing my winter coat.  I’ll let you know.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bhvbum

Maybe you should size up so that it doesn’t pull across the chest.  Then the rest will lay down better.  Just a suggestion.

Honored Contributor

@Hippiified wrote:

@haddon9

I hope the coat is warm.  I’m counting on it replacing my winter coat.  I’ll let you know.  

@Hippiified . I think it's really cute!  Hope you like it when it arrives!!  Which color did you order?...both are beautiful!

Respected Contributor

@haddon9

Thanks. I got the black and I sized down one.  I think it’s cute too, so modern!  It will replace a very old navy wool long coat, I hope!

Honored Contributor

@Hippiified . I was tempted but have purchased way too much over the last few months and with the holidays coming need to pace myself.  If I were ordering I would have gone down a size & gotten the black too.

Enjoy the coat! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Hippiified . I was tempted but have purchased way too much over the last few months and with the holidays coming need to pace myself.  If I were ordering I would have gone down a size & gotten the black too.

Enjoy the coat! Smiley Happy

@haddon9

Just want to let you know that I am really enjoying my coat.  The fit is perfect from sizing down.  No cold air gets in, the lining is very warm. But I think I will still keep my wool coat for the coldest of cold days because it is longer.

I love the two way zipper, the stand-up collar, and the ribbed cuffs.  The sleeve lenfth is perfect within about an inch. (I am petite.)  

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Jacquard-Coat-with-Fleece-Lining.product.A343642.html

It feels very stylish.  It is lightweight to be so warm.