Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Denim Shirt Jacket Posted

I really like the jacket, but I have bought several jackets recently and the price is high.  I guess I'll watch the presentation, then decide.

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Hippiified wrote:

@Biftu 

Thanks for posting!  I just saw it myself, and I do like it. The longer the better.  I'm probably getting the black.  Chic.❤️

@Hippiified   I'm intrigued with the black.

Thanks @Biftu for the quick alert. 

However, after getting the larger jacket size (8), for the first time in LOGO!, for the denim shibori, I have NO idea what size to order for this one. Not interested in going for 2 sizes this time.

@1Professor  Do you have the earlier Logo denim jacket A378661?  If you own this jacket compare the size guide of these jackets. This may be of help. The style looks somewhat similar in fit on the model.  Just a thought since it's hard to tell without seeing  a presentation.

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor I think Logo is changing its proportions.  I always shop by garment measurements, but this is hard with open garments like the shibori jacket.  

I just took a peek at the measurements, and the back chest in the shibori is a larger measurement than the Back Bottom Opening - Seam to Seam.  For me, that is a clue it won't fit me well, because my body bottom measurement is bigger than my chest measurement, a reason for shopping lots of Logo but not this particular jacket.  This is not how most Logo items are constructed.  

The new Denim Shirt Jacket, the bottom circumference measures more than 10 inches more than the chest, traditional logo sizing.

Looking at the meausrements, I ususally guess fairly well on fit on tops.  With pants is harder.

Hope this helps!

Honored Contributor

@Vivian   I have no idea what hundred-buck shmattah means, but  I don't like it either.  Bad execution of a jacket.

Esteemed Contributor

Just looked at the whole body picture of the model before closing the window.  Looks kind of overwhelming on the model.  I am only 5'2", so, probably not for me.  Pretty though!

57F29007-12BF-46A3-9A76-FFA72F4EE5F3.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I don't particularly care for it.

Black isn't bad but the blue and "pink" are awful colors and the fading makes them look worse.

I don't like raw hems.  On her denim jacket from last year - I had it rehemmed.  Looks so much better!

From the way it looks in the pic, the fabric seems a bit thin.  I checked the fabric ... it includes something called repeve polyester.  I googled and found something called Repreve .... I wonder if it's the same thing.

Unifi manufactures Repreve out of recycled plastic fibers made from polyester waste such as plastic bottles. Repreve fibers are commonly used to make fabrics for athletic and fashion clothing and more.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Vivian   I have no idea what hundred-buck shmattah means, but  I don't like it either.  Bad execution of a jacket.

@Mom2Dogs  I explained in my post above what shmattah means, and hundred bucks is what the LOGO jacket would come to.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I don't particularly care for it.

Black isn't bad but the blue and "pink" are awful colors and the fading makes them look worse.

I don't like raw hems.  On her denim jacket from last year - I had it rehemmed.  Looks so much better!

From the way it looks in the pic, the fabric seems a bit thin.  I checked the fabric ... it includes something called repeve polyester.  I googled and found something called Repreve .... I wonder if it's the same thing.

Unifi manufactures Repreve out of recycled plastic fibers made from polyester waste such as plastic bottles. Repreve fibers are commonly used to make fabrics for athletic and fashion clothing and more.

@ALRATIBA  That Is what the tag on LOGO clothes says Repreve is. I love it. It is super soft and lightweight  denim and has some stretch. It is very comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

The price??? $94 ... not for me.  

Respected Contributor

@1Professor 

I agree with @Biftu compare the measurements with one you have.  I am getting it in the same size as I got A391042. Which was size 10 and fits well.  I hope this one fits too.

Sorry, I can't be any more helpful.