Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee  I thought of you when I saw this as I remember you having the tops.  I love it too.  Wonder when it will be presented?  What color do you fancy?

@dulwich   So fun always to chat with you - you are so English!  Smiley Happy  My beloved Sir Paul Heart also says "fancy" a lot so you brought him to mind! if only he fancied me!  

Well, I like all three colors, but the "coral" one is out because it looks a lot like my maple top.  I'm liking both the blue and the plum, although the plum might be a bit much  - I'll have to see it.  Actually, seeing this dress reminds me that i did the right thing returning that "artsy fabric" one where I loved the fabric but the dress (silhouette) looked awful on me.  This one will look better on me (although I still love that other fabric).

What about you and the colors?    There is no way I'm not going to get this dress, despite the price!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   You made me laugh re comments Fancy/Paul - I worked with Linda for a while (Wings) and she was a lovely person much missed.  

You think by now I would get my Americanspeak down- other day I asked lady in store where could I find white cotton - she very kindly went off and came back with - a bag of cotton balls.  I thanked her, paid and left even though I did not want them as she was so helpful.    Then I realized I should be asking for white thread.   In U.K. Cotton is thread, cotton wool is cotton balls.    Anyhow......

I like the coral and maybe blue  -  I agree the plum might be too much but you never know when you see it presented.  Something to look forward to!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee   You made me laugh re comments Fancy/Paul - I worked with Linda for a while (Wings) and she was a lovely person much missed.  

You think by now I would get my Americanspeak down- other day I asked lady in store where could I find white cotton - she very kindly went off and came back with - a bag of cotton balls.  I thanked her, paid and left even though I did not want them as she was so helpful.    Then I realized I should be asking for white thread.   In U.K. Cotton is thread, cotton wool is cotton balls.    Anyhow......

I like the coral and maybe blue  -  I agree the plum might be too much but you never know when you see it presented.  Something to look forward to!

@dulwich  Oh my goodness - how did I not know this?    Did you ever meet Paul?  If sooooo.......what what what was he like in person - was he super cute?  Oh, those eyes, those lips (as they were in his Beatles days!).   I'm so jealous.  And yes, from everything I've ever read about her, Linda was a lovely person and I truly believe the love of Paul's life, which the other two wives (present one included) aren't.

I think cotton wool is a perfect description of cotton balls. We should change over to that.   I think we should keep car hood as just that, not bonnet!  LOL

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   DH was in music biz for many years and we worked with Paul - and so many other big bands - whenever he was at Wembley stadium in U.K.  Not Beatles just worked with him/Wings we also had lots to do with Linda’s photography/diaries merchandise, etc.  sorry to say Paul was not my favourite  person to work with they are different backstage when you are working - on stage great.    Would loved to have worked with John Lennon.  

Linda was, as you say, his true love they were a united couple he took real good care of her as fans did not like her coming into the band very much and showed it at concerts.

My most favourite to work with always Bruce Springsteen, Marvin Gaye,  and our very first group ABBA - and any heavy metal band  - and there were lots of them  -  they were the sweetest!  Too many to mention.

We we had so many musicians sleeping in our home at times it was funny - that is why we still get backstage passes to shows!  Some perks still.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee   DH was in music biz for many years and we worked with Paul - and so many other big bands - whenever he was at Wembley stadium in U.K.  Not Beatles just worked with him/Wings we also had lots to do with Linda’s photography/diaries merchandise, etc.  sorry to say Paul was not my favourite  person to work with they are different backstage when you are working - on stage great.    Would loved to have worked with John Lennon.  

Linda was, as you say, his true love they were a united couple he took real good care of her as fans did not like her coming into the band very much and showed it at concerts.

My most favourite to work with always Bruce Springsteen, Marvin Gaye,  and our very first group ABBA - and any heavy metal band  - and there were lots of them  -  they were the sweetest!  Too many to mention.

We we had so many musicians sleeping in our home at times it was funny - that is why we still get backstage passes to shows!  Some perks still.

@dulwich   Oh how interesting! Thanks for sharing!  I hope if you ever get a backstage pass to not-your-favorite Sir Paul's concert, you'll remember your LOGO friend Pearley and send it her way!  

HeartHeartHeartHeart

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee You’re On - definitely!  

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee You’re On - definitely!  

@dulwich   Ooohhhh - I have it in writing.  Now I'll definitely hold you to it!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@dulwich   And now back to the dress....I do like the coral a lot - it's a good combo for fall too.  The only reason it's not in the running for me is that it does look a lot like my maple top that's similar to the dress, as I said before.  I think the coral one is great for year-round; the blue looks a bit more spring-y to me. 

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   Yes my first choice on seeing this dress was the coral as it can go into a Fall quite easily so will probably go for this color.   Question - Your maple top is this color brown based or kind of purple based or none of these?  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: NEW FOR JULY 2019

[ Edited ]

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee   Yes my first choice on seeing this dress was the coral as it can go into a Fall quite easily so will probably go for this color.   Question - Your maple top is this color brown based or kind of purple based or none of these?  Thanks.

@dulwich   It's more brown based than purple. (which may not necessarily hold true for the dress - who knows?)

Here is the top:

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Multi-Print-Long-Sleeve-Knit-Top.product.A296536.html?sc=...

And here is the second iteration of it:

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Mixed-Print-Top-w-Twisted-Neck-Detail.product.A345531.htm...

I own the first one in four colors; I originally got three - in maple, tide blue, and an olive color that isn't offered any more.  And then this year I added the new cream (cream and yellow were new this year and the olive  I have is retired.  I "fancy" all of them!  LOL

And in the second iteration of it, I got the "save on" one in gold which I also like (it's pretty wild).  

I just looked at the dress again and actually think the coral one is the prettiest of the three.  I may be changing my mind, now that I see my top again in the photo (haven't seen it for a while  - too hot to wear it now); I think the dress is different enough that it doesn't look too similar to my maple top.