Frequent Contributor

Models' stats (height/bust/waist/hips/inseam)?

One day last week I woke up to a clothing show (D&C, maybe?) and when each model came forward to show each color of the item, a pop-up also appeared which listed the model's name, height, bust, waist, hips and inseam measurements.

I wasn't feeling 100% and was really half-awake...but has anyone seen the pop-up I'm talking about?

I do wish the Q did it for all designers: I think it would be very helpful to viewers.

While going through the many Logo videos on the Q, I came across one where Jackie was wearing a pair of capri leggings and they asked her if she was wearing her regular size and she replied that she went down one size to a medium for that pair because she wanted a closer fit.

If her pop-up had appeared, I could easily see how similar/different our measurements are and go from there.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Models' stats (height/bust/waist/hips/inseam)?

Yes, I've seen the pop up you mentioned.  It seems to be only on select fashion items.  Not sure how QVC decides when to show this.

Frequent Contributor

@hopi wrote:

NO

TMI

Logo is basically bags with lace and chiffon - you can close your eyes and pick a size - you'll be fine.

What exactly was "TMI" in my post?

Occasional Contributor

Someone recently posted the name of the modeling agency they work for. You can go to their website to get this info. I can't remember the name. 

Esteemed Contributor

You're fortunate if it helps you.  

I have worn a size 14 since I was 14!

I am not built like Carolyn Gracie at all.  Not knocking Carolyn, I love her, just hard to envision that we wear the same size!

Respected Contributor

I have to admit I do not watch many of the fashion show on the Q anymore due to s/h $$ but I will admit this is a VERY good idea!

Having accurate sizing information is half the battle.

As I am sure many people including myself, think how would that hang on me/fit me, etc?  Knowing the actual dimensions of the person wearing it would go a long way.

Trusted Contributor

Some of the Q models work from the Joy Talent Agency.   Some models have chosen to list there sizes but few measurements are listed.    I have seen the size listings during shows.  It stated height and clothing size.  This is helpful to us but we need to know if the model is wearing her true size.  I put a note pad close by and have been taking notes as I hear or see the models size.      Joytalentagency.com.  Hope this helps

Frequent Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

Some of the Q models work from the Joy Talent Agency.   Some models have chosen to list there sizes but few measurements are listed.    I have seen the size listings during shows.  It stated height and clothing size.  This is helpful to us but we need to know if the model is wearing her true size.  I put a note pad close by and have been taking notes as I hear or see the models size.      Joytalentagency.com.  Hope this helps

VERY helpful...thank you so much!  Smiley Happy

Contributor

Your comment is from 2016. But here in 2020, listening for sizing information can be a frustrating task. The hosts/QVC just "refuse" to give the letter sizes and the corresponding number sizes of anyone wearing items on set. VERY inconsistent. But they love to give everyone's height. I love for my clothes to fit just so and that information would be so helpful. Very frustrating.