Trusted Contributor

Re: Lunchtime Specials 7/4🇱🇷

@AZ girl  I hope the smaller size works!  I think this top has to fit...there is lots a leeway in many of Lori's tops, but  this one too large just would not flatter.  Thanks for the reply!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@equss@AZ girl  Just received two Bo Peep's today (a third still on waitlist)....oh, I so wanted to love this top.  The top is great....I love the fabric and the style and the lemon grass is a beautiful fresh summer color.  The problem is,  it is a top that does not flatter my body.  I would imagine it would be best on very thin tall person.  I tried on the grey and didn't even open the lemon grass.  Put them in the bags for return and cancelled the waitlisted white (my favorite).  (I think I'll pull out the lemon grass just to be sure before returning ....since my experience is different than yours.)  So many of LOGO's tops are very flattering to my body, but the generous material at the bottom doesn't seem to work for me Smiley Sad  I give it one more try on and hope both of you have a much different experience......it is really a cute top!

Honored Contributor

I really love Lori's older maple color, the rich, saturated dark brown color. Her maple color has so many shades!  In her French terry it can be close to ash rose, I'm not kidding, it's that light, and not completely brown as her original maple is.  

I don't know if the Fr. terry fabric takes the dye so much differently than other fabrics or not but wow - she should name that way lighter version of maple something else.

To you Bo Peepers who ordered the TSV and keep it, I'm glad and hope you get lost of use out of it.   @phoenixbrd  I knew it would never work for my body type (apple), pretty as it is. I do think it's a good idea to try on the one still in the package before sending it back.  You may be pleasantly surprised.   For those who don't keep theirs, at least you won't have to go looking for a matching parasol!   LOL

Valued Contributor

@equss and @Phoenixbrd, alas I did not receive my second lemongrass bo peep today.  Smiley Sad  I'm usually a small or medium in LOGO, but more of a medium lately it seems as I've become more "fluffy" than I care to be.  The reviews were mixed and I definitely knew a small was a no-go for me, so I ordered a medium and a large (the large was a "just in case" panicked decision).  I large is the one I received yesterday and it is definitely too big. I don't think even washing in warm water and/or drying the in dryer would do the trick and I'm large busted with farily broad shoulders.  The sweep is just way too much to flatter in any way.  I'm really keeping my fingers crossed (and very disappointed) that the medium will be the winner!  I love the lemongrass color!  Maybe it'll show up on my doorstep tomorrow!  Gotta love the Pony Express!  haha   I"m sorry it didn't work for you, @equss.  I will keep you posted!

Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd  Sorry the top didn't work for you. I like wearing mine best with jeans. On me the top is fitted on top and then drapes/drapes the body ..doesn't stick out or flare at all.  I actually think it's my favorite logo top and I was so hoping it would work for my fellow logo fans. 

Valued Contributor

I finally got the size medium in the lemongrass bo-peep today!  Although it is the most wrinkled mess of a garment I've ever received, I think it's a keeper!  The fit is perfect actually!  I am trying to see past all of the wrinkles to be sure, but so far I like it!  I may have to give it a little steam to see how it looks.  However, if it dries this wrinkled and needs a lot of maintenance (steaming and/or ironing) each time, I may have to send it back as I'm not really into high maintenance garments.  @equss, what has your experience been with wrinkles after washing and hanging to dry this one?

Honored Contributor

@AZ girl  I sure hope you get those wrinkles out because it sounds like you will have an unusual and funky garment that you'll like. I am with you, tough, about not wanting something high maintenance.   

Trusted Contributor

@AZ girl wrote:

@I finally got the size medium in the lemongrass bo-peep today!  Although it is the most wrinkled mess of a garment I've ever received, I think it's a keeper!  The fit is perfect actually!  I am trying to see past all of the wrinkles to be sure, but so far I like it!  I may have to give it a little steam to see how it looks.  However, if it dries this wrinkled and needs a lot of maintenance (steaming and/or ironing) each time, I may have to send it back as I'm not really into high maintenance garments.  @equss, what has your experience been with wrinkles after washing and hanging to dry this one?

So glad you think it's a potential keeper!  I wash it in cold delicate and hang to dry. While it's drying/hanging  I manually smooth it by running my hand over it and lightly spreading the fabric/wrinkles.  That's it.   I find it easy care (but I'm not looking for a crisp ironed look - just tidy. I do think taking a minute to smooth after I put it in the hangar is what makes it work.   

Valued Contributor

@equss wrote:

@AZ girl wrote:

@I finally got the size medium in the lemongrass bo-peep today!  Although it is the most wrinkled mess of a garment I've ever received, I think it's a keeper!  The fit is perfect actually!  I am trying to see past all of the wrinkles to be sure, but so far I like it!  I may have to give it a little steam to see how it looks.  However, if it dries this wrinkled and needs a lot of maintenance (steaming and/or ironing) each time, I may have to send it back as I'm not really into high maintenance garments.  @equss, what has your experience been with wrinkles after washing and hanging to dry this one?

So glad you think it's a potential keeper!  I wash it in cold delicate and hang to dry. While it's drying/hanging  I manually smooth it by running my hand over it and lightly spreading the fabric/wrinkles.  That's it.   I find it easy care (but I'm not looking for a crisp ironed look - just tidy. I do think taking a minute to smooth after I put it in the hangar is what makes it work.   

@Great!  I'll try that. I'm not wanting a crisp, ironed look either---just tidy like you mentioned.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Thanks, @equss!