Esteemed Contributor

A268913 - Lavish embellished sweater

A258914 - Cotton cashmere animal print sweater

Honored Contributor

Q took the reviews away again (as Q did on yesterday's TSV Lavish jacket) on the gray Lavish sweater with embellishment.  I've considered (but never bought) this sweater before and I'm positive there were reviews about it.   I don't like when QVC removes the reviews, which I find helpful, esp. with LOGO's inconsistent sizing.  I know a poster on this forum has this sweater and even bought a second one (I think her first got ruined) and we discussed sizing issues due to the reviews about the sizing and also Lori's comments in the video about the sizing and also how snugly it seems to be fitting on the models.  I can't remember which poster here that was now who discussed this sweater with me, but she said it's true to size even though it looks snugger than most.

Trusted Contributor

They reviews are there now as I just read them and ordered the Lavish sweater.

Respected Contributor

I have the Animal Print sweater in neutral. Usually wear small but it was closer fitting than I like, so I got a medium. It's a little loose, but the small was just too snug.

The neutral is prettier in person.

Esteemed Contributor

When it is mentioned in the video that the Lavish sweater is more fitted and Lori says she would go up a size, that confirms my thought.  She doesn't often say that.  I too have looked at this sweater before but never purchased.  I'm thinking about it, but really don't think I would wear it much.  Then again, it may be nice to have at this deal.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  Read the reviews if you can see them - I cannot.  If I recall them correctly (and I haven't read them in quite a while), some people were sorry they went up a size.  Again, the poster here who ordered it twice said stay true to size.  But I don't want to be responsible for your decision - read the reviews if they are visible to you. Smiley Happy

I did notice the tall model had two layers on underneath hers!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu  Read the reviews if you can see them - I cannot.  If I recall them correctly (and I haven't read them in quite a while), some people were sorry they went up a size.  Again, the poster here who ordered it twice said stay true to size.  But I don't want to be responsible for your decision - read the reviews if they are visible to you. Smiley Happy

@Pearlee - The reviews have me even more confused.  The scale says it runs large.  Three said they ordered their usual size, and two said it runs large; two sized down; two said it was fitted.  The smallest size is xs so now I really don't know.

Valued Contributor

I have all three colors, purchased on clearance, this is a great deal as I paid about $10 more each.  I am typically a M or L.  I am busty and broad shouldered size 14 top but a full size smaller bust down.  I purchased in a M and they are fine.  I tried a L and there was too much fabric.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lunchtime Special 10/26

[ Edited ]

@Biftu wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee - The reviews have me even more confused.  The scale says it runs large.  Three said they ordered their usual size, and two said it runs large; two sized down; two said it was fitted.  The smallest size is xs so now I really don't know.

@Biftu@  I know!  I don't remember all the specifics but do remember the reviews had me confused and the review by the poster here who has bought two of them (she ruined her first which she loved, and bought the second on clearance which wasn't as good as the LTS price  - it's been an LTS once before because I remember discussing it with her here)  to replace that first one.  She said  her normal size worked fine.  According the the Click measurements, I too would get my normal size, which I did but not sure I won't cancel.   I like this year's black cherry Lavish weater with embellishment in the same place  better (although I like the embellishment itself on this one better) so maybe I should be putting the $40 toward getting that one some time (it looks like a cotton cashmere one that @Biftu and I have in macrame and deep violet already so I don't want to pay full price for it, but it has embelishment placement like this one).  Also that light gray is not a good color for me.  Anyway, I did order the medium before I left the house earlier which was before 11:00 a.m. when I figured it would sell out.

I'm also wondering about what kind of shape mine might come in.  I'm thinking these could be customer returns and the embeliishment will be a mess, but maybe I'm just not feeling optimistic today.

What did you decide?

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu@  I know!  I don't remember all the specifics but do remember the reviews had me confused and the review by the poster here who has bought two of them (she ruined her first which she loved, and bought the second on clearance which wasn't as good as the LTS price  - it's been an LTS once before because I remember discussing it with her here)  to replace that first one.  She said  her normal size worked fine.  According the the Click measurements, I too would get my normal size, which I did but not sure I won't cancel.   I like this year's black cherry Lavish weater with embellishment in the same place  better (although I like the embellishment itself on this one better) so maybe I should be putting the $40 toward getting that one some time (it looks like a cotton cashmere one that @Biftu and I have in macrame and deep violet already so I don't want to pay full price for it, but it has embelishment placement like this one).  Also that light gray is not a good color for me.  Anyway, I did order the medium before I left the house earlier which was before 11:00 a.m. when I figured it would sell out.

I'm also wondering about what kind of shape mine might come in.  I'm thinking these could be customer returns and the embeliishment will be a mess, but maybe I'm just not feeling optimistic today.

What did you decide?

@Pearlee - Since there was no xxs, I got the xs, but I may cancel too. Sizing is all over the place on this one.  It's still $40 and honestly I don't know how much I would wear it.  If it does arrive a mess you could return as damaged.  I really like that black cherry Lavish sweater better, but like you, I don't want to pay that price. 

Still thinking about it.