Honored Contributor

Lori's Footwear is "Not Going Forward"

Per  the 10:00 p.m. LOGO show on 4/8, Shawn said that Lori's footwear line will not be going forward.  

I think that's a wise choice.  There were many reviews about her line of footwear being cut very narrow, even after she revamped the line to make it more comfortable.  I guess it wasn't or I assume it would be going forward.

i thought a lot of her line was cute, but I can't buy shoes online with trying them on due to bunions.  I have seen a lot of cute and funky shoes at DSW and the Nordstrom Rack to try on locally.  Her line has given me good ideas but I won't miss it since I didn't buy from it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lori's Footwear is "Not Going Forward"

Bunions:  The bane of my social life.

Honored Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken   The bane of all the shoes I'd really like to wear...but can't.  Smiley Sad

My life is only Beezees and Skechers.  Period.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearley wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken   The bane of all the shoes I'd really like to wear...but can't.  Smiley Sad

@Pearley  I am almost in orthopedic shoes, but not quite and I attend functions where friends are wearing stilettos and I am wearing sandals and even in winter to prevent bunion pain, I just put on socks and sandals and go.  Sad face here.

Honored Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@Pearley wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@Pearley  I am almost in orthopedic shoes, but not quite and I attend functions were friends are wearing stilettos and I am wearing sandals in winter to prevent bunion pain.  Just put on socks and sandals and go.  Sad face here.

@NameAlreadyTaken   Funny you mention this.  I'd forgotten --- a few days ago I went to DSW (for a promo they were doing) and found a super comfy pair of shoes in white leather (white leather oxford-ish but could pass for leather athletic shoes, or so I thought).  My feet felt like they were in marshmallows with lots of support and nonslip bottom,  and they were wide enough for my bunions.  It wasn't until I got them home that I saw they are some type (forgot what word was used) of a nurse's shoe!  I don't care -I'm going to wear them and pass them off as white athletic shoes!  I don't care what people think and they won't notice IMO and I don't care if they do!  So comfy!  They were in the clearance section and originally had been over $100 but I got them for under $40 with them being on clearance and with all the discounts I had.

Valued Contributor

A lot of people are in grief over this because they liked her shoes.  Very few attracted me.  She did have a few that were quite beautiful like some recent pumps but I could not wear them anyway.  No wides.  Plus they looked very uncomfortable.  I have to wear shoes like Clarks, Naot, Cobble Hill, Aravon, Easy Spirit etc.  so its not a big deal to me. 

Trusted Contributor

I liked some of her shoes.  She stepped out of the box and gave us unique designs...but...

Although, they ran on the narrow side, great for me, the heels slipped.  I also found the quality wanting for the price.  A few of the sneakers I tried were very heavy with inflexible outsoles.  

Ended up keeping a pair of her oxfords that I needed to exchange twice to get the right length, but, although I kept them, the insoles and outer soles are much too thin. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Not surprising.  Most of it is in some form of clearance.

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.” ~ Plato