Honored Contributor

Lori's Footwear is "Not Going Forward"

Per  the 10:00 p.m. LOGO show on 4/8, Shawn said that Lori's footwear line will not be going forward.  

I think that's a wise choice.  There were many reviews about her line of footwear being cut very narrow, even after she revamped the line to make it more comfortable.  I guess it wasn't or I assume it would be going forward.

i thought a lot of her line was cute, but I can't buy shoes online with trying them on due to bunions.  I have seen a lot of cute and funky shoes at DSW and the Nordstrom Rack to try on locally.  Her line has given me good ideas but I won't miss it since I didn't buy from it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lori's Footwear is "Not Going Forward"

Bunions:  The bane of my social life.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Nonametoday   The bane of all the shoes I'd really like to wear...but can't.  Smiley Sad

My life is only Beezees and Skechers.  Period.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Nonametoday   The bane of all the shoes I'd really like to wear...but can't.  Smiley Sad

@Pearlee  I am almost in orthopedic shoes, but not quite and I attend functions where friends are wearing stilettos and I am wearing sandals and even in winter to prevent bunion pain, I just put on socks and sandals and go.  Sad face here.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Pearlee  I am almost in orthopedic shoes, but not quite and I attend functions were friends are wearing stilettos and I am wearing sandals in winter to prevent bunion pain.  Just put on socks and sandals and go.  Sad face here.

@Nonametoday   Funny you mention this.  I'd forgotten --- a few days ago I went to DSW (for a promo they were doing) and found a super comfy pair of shoes in white leather (white leather oxford-ish but could pass for leather athletic shoes, or so I thought).  My feet felt like they were in marshmallows with lots of support and nonslip bottom,  and they were wide enough for my bunions.  It wasn't until I got them home that I saw they are some type (forgot what word was used) of a nurse's shoe!  I don't care -I'm going to wear them and pass them off as white athletic shoes!  I don't care what people think and they won't notice IMO and I don't care if they do!  So comfy!  They were in the clearance section and originally had been over $100 but I got them for under $40 with them being on clearance and with all the discounts I had.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

A lot of people are in grief over this because they liked her shoes.  Very few attracted me.  She did have a few that were quite beautiful like some recent pumps but I could not wear them anyway.  No wides.  Plus they looked very uncomfortable.  I have to wear shoes like Clarks, Naot, Cobble Hill, Aravon, Easy Spirit etc.  so its not a big deal to me. 

Honored Contributor

I liked some of her shoes.  She stepped out of the box and gave us unique designs...but...

Although, they ran on the narrow side, great for me, the heels slipped.  I also found the quality wanting for the price.  A few of the sneakers I tried were very heavy with inflexible outsoles.  

Ended up keeping a pair of her oxfords that I needed to exchange twice to get the right length, but, although I kept them, the insoles and outer soles are much too thin. 

Honored Contributor

Not surprising.  Most of it is in some form of clearance.