Respected Contributor

Re: Lori Said Some Insulting Things Over the Weekend IMO

The Jewish remark was way out of line. It reinforces the stereotype the "Jewish Princesses'' are rich. She should be careful.

Occasional Contributor

I really think people these days are sometimes taking things personally and get easily offended.  I doubt that she intentially set out to hurt anyone, sometimes people set out to be nasty and she clearly wasn't. I sure don't want to live in a world where we have to be afraid to speak out. I think Lori is awesome and can't wait till her next show. I like seeing all the different designers and their personalites...they are trully entertaining. I think you should rethink if Lori was intentionally trying to be hurtful....sometimes I put my foot in my mouth and not everything that comes out is what I meant. Can you imagine being on air, live and trying to adlib as much as they do? Rethink the intention please. Peace to you all ladies, lets try to take care of one another and give a pass when needed...it's such a harsh world right now! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jo Knightwrote:

I really think people these days are sometimes taking things personally and get easily offended.  I doubt that she intentially set out to hurt anyone, sometimes people set out to be nasty and she clearly wasn't. I sure don't want to live in a world where we have to be afraid to speak out. I think Lori is awesome and can't wait till her next show. I like seeing all the different designers and their personalites...they are trully entertaining. I think you should rethink if Lori was intentionally trying to be hurtful....sometimes I put my foot in my mouth and not everything that comes out is what I meant. Can you imagine being on air, live and trying to adlib as much as they do? Rethink the intention please. Peace to you all ladies, lets try to take care of one another and give a pass when needed...it's such a harsh world right now! 

@Jo Knight  I am the original poster and I thought I've made it clear on this thread while responding to others that I don't think anything was intentional.  That wasn't my point.  As I keep stating, I think Lori talks too much and in these cases didn't think before she spoke.  I said nothing about it being intentional.   I have also stated that I have watched all the LOGO shows I could if I was home during the almost decade that Lori has been on QVC - hundreds of shows including TSV days when she is on the air continually - and I have never until this weekend been insulted by something she said.

So I don't know if you are addressing my original post or not, but I think if it is, some of what you are saying to me isn't quite justified and I would suggest you read all the posts on this thread if you haven't yet already.

Honored Contributor

@Dankywrote:

If someone's sensibilities are offended, I cannot nor would I take issue with that. However, from my perspective, who the ____ cares ? Her comments wouldn't even register in my brain since what she ( or any product presenter/salesperson) says/feels/thinks are beyond meaningless to me . I watch a given show to buy a product...not to learn about or make friends with the host/hostess.

@Danky  You might feel differently if the stereotype reference concerned your religious group or your race or some other feature about you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearleewrote:

@Dankywrote:

If someone's sensibilities are offended, I cannot nor would I take issue with that. However, from my perspective, who the ____ cares ? Her comments wouldn't even register in my brain since what she ( or any product presenter/salesperson) says/feels/thinks are beyond meaningless to me . I watch a given show to buy a product...not to learn about or make friends with the host/hostess.

@Danky  You might feel differently if the stereotype reference concerned your religious group or your race or some other feature about you.

Hi @Pearlee,  I completely agree.  I would also like to add that if one is a member of any group that is subject to stereotyping, you are also keenly aware of any stereotyping of any other group and much more likely to speak up.  As someone with very mixed ethnic backgrounds, there are numerous hits.  KInd of like hitting the jackpot, in reverse.  

I ask myself, why would I reinforce any stereotype I have heard all my life on myself?  On my mother's side of the family, her ancestors were in Canada a very, very long time before coming to the U.S.  I do have a drop or two of Native American blood.  Ask me if I would refer to myself as "Pocohontas."  

Valued Contributor

@lavendarwrote:

The Jewish remark was way out of line. It reinforces the stereotype the "Jewish Princesses'' are rich. She should be careful.

I don't think that's what Lori meant, at all. If anything pertaining to her own ethnicity, she was suggesting that Jewish women like to shop, not that they are wealthy. I'm not defending her comment, I just think it's important to interpret her true meaning rather than adding intent or content that didn't exist in Lori's original remarks.

Respected Contributor

@Pearleewrote:

@Dankywrote:

@Pearleewrote:

@Dankywrote:

@Pearlee-----you're are correct that I SHOULD probably feel differently but I don't and never have....I have never had the ability to take personally the words or opinions of the "masses". 

Contributor

I never watch Lori's shows. I don't care for them and she acts like she is "the queen of design"   I must be in the minority, because she is on a lot.  Don"t watch the Q as much as I use to.  Everyone talking at once really gets on my nerves. 

Occasional Contributor

If you don't like what she says then don't watch her...no need to watch everyshow she is on. Watch Logo when Jessie is on. 

Valued Contributor

I'm a long time Logo lover,  am 69,  Jewish,  and while I don't remember hearing Lori's remarks,  I don't think I would have been offended.    I guess I think of her as Over the Top, and kinda qwirky.    But i can see how others might be offended.