Trusted Contributor

Logo jeans fit assistance please

Hi. I ordered the distresses Jean and they fit everywhere but the waist which was too large. I have the 5 pocket skinny jean in my cart (as is price) in one size larger.  Many reviews say to size up.  I am willing to try the jeans one more time but only if there is a chance of them fitting!  Is going up a size on the zipper skinny necessary or should I stick with the size I tried in the distressed. Thank you!!!

Super Contributor

Re: Logo jeans fit assistance please

@equss  I'll give you my opinion on the jeans.  First I ordered the 5 pocket skinny in my normal brick and mortar size.  When I got them in - they were tight.  I could get them on but they felt tight everywhere, especially the waist.  Keep in mind I am pear shaped and have a thick waist so waist issues happen alot.  After that - I ordered the distressed jeans one size up from my normal size.  When I got them they were perfect except for a small issue with the rise - I would prefer an inch shorter in the front and an inch longer in the back.  I wore them all day one day last week and they stretched so that at the end of the day the waist was gapping.  I don't feel like they stretched much in the legs but the waist definitely stretched.  I have not worn my tight 5 pocket skinnies yet to see if they stretch but some of the reviewers say they do.  So I guess if I was ordering again I would order my normal size and plan on stretch to help me out.  Obviously this is only my opinion and I hope others chime in on their thoughts.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thanks @KimSKS.  You are my jeans expert so appreciate hearing from you!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Hope the OP won't object if I add another question on the LOGO boyfriend jeans.  I am very thin (not by choice) but the waist is always my issue in pants.  Due to some health issues, I really need a roomy waist area and have not tried any LOGO pants other than leggins so was hoping maybe someone could also quide me.

Do Lori's pants (not leggins) tend to run a rad fuller in the waist?  I know some designers are more generous there while other really design primarily for pear shaped figures with fuller areas in the rear and thighs.  Both SG and D&C (in the very few I have ever tried) were definitely for pear shapes with very small waistlines.  Regardless of weight, I am definitely an apple.

If any have any suggestions, I'd sure appreciate any guidance.  I don't object to having to have the waists altered as long as the remainder of the pant would look okay.  I have them in my cart for a size 6 even though the measurements run a tad big in the hips for me but was thinking I might have more luck with the waist in that size.  And for any who do own LOGO boyfriend, do you like them overall otherwise.  As I recall, reviews were good.

Thanks and to the OP, I sincerely hope you don't mind my inserting a similar question just on a different style of LOGO jeans.

And in reference to your question, OP,  and having a similar waist issue that you do, I would size up on the skinny.  I have found that on skinnies and similar fitted styles, that going up a size just about always works for the overall fit yet often will provide that little bit extra we need in the waist.  They are designed to be closely fitted and just one size up is not usually detectable due to the stretch and design.  I pretty much always size up on skinnies and leggins and it rarely does not work. And also consider having the waist altered if they really fit well everywhere else.  It is generally not that expensive but can sure make the waist a lot more comfortable to wear

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

@Wackers3 Glad you joined the discussion!  I am a size 4/6 in dept stores. In logo leggings I need an xxs due to her waists running large on me. As I mentioned above the distressed jeans I tried were Great fit everywhere but the waist which was easily a couple inches too large so they stuck out in front.  I also didn't like that the rise is alittle lower in back than in the front.  

Honored Contributor

@equss wrote:
Spoiler

@Wackers3 Glad you joined the discussion!  I am a size 4/6 in dept stores. In logo leggings I need an xxs due to her waists running large on me. As I mentioned above the distressed jeans I tried were Great fit everywhere but the waist which was easily a couple inches too large so they stuck out in front.  I also didn't like that the rise is alittle lower in back than in the front.  

@equss  If you didn't seem so nice here on the board, I'd have to hate you for this!  LOL Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee you are too funny! Smiley Very Happy