Honored Contributor

Logo by Lori Goldstein - Why Do You Like Her Line?

[ Edited ]

I have watched some of Lori's presentations, and I have not found anything that I thought would look good on me.

I am being very sincere when I ask what you fans of her style like best about her products. I see that many, if not all that I have observed, are layered pieces. Is that what you like about her line?

I layer pieces many times, but for some reason I don't feel her already-layered style would work with me. The few times I have watched, I see mostly what I would call casual clothes. Do you wear them for casual times or have you dressed them up?

What am I missing here? Is it better for a younger demo group or do they sell well for older people? Is the quality good or just average?

I would like to hear only from Goldstein fans, please; no negative posts. Heart

Thanks in advance for your positive response. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Logo by Lori Goldstein - Why To You Like Her Line?

[ Edited ]

I have dozens of her tops and pants, so this is not a negative comment but just some things to keep in mind with logo.

I have found most of the tops are simply too short, I think they are meant to wear with another layer underneath, so unless you are short to medium I think they are just too short to wear alone with leggings. (and especially in warm weather I don’t like layers.)

They can be fairly expensive, and most of mine have not held up well. I am careful about washing them and not putting in the dryer but simply hanging on a rack and regardless, many of them have pilled terribly. Rayon/spandex worst offenders. 

In the LOGO description, always check the “click here” actual measurements. There can be a significant difference between LOGO items. A medium in one top can be a very different measurement than a medium in another logo top.

Also the rayon/spandex tops stretch a whole lot more than the ones that are cotton/modal

Also I have not distressed too much over this because almost 90% of what I have bought has been from the greatly reduced “as is” items or the lunchtime specials. If I had actually paid the regular prices I would be very unhappy.

Try looking for some of the great bargains, especially on the as is logo.

Respected Contributor

Re: Logo by Lori Goldstein - Why To You Like Her Line?

i haven't bought any LOGO, so this is just my opinion from looking at her line.  Her clothes seem to be very forgiving with any figure flaws. most of her things look to be relaxed fit, or flowy.  i like that style, but can't/won't pay her prices. 

i think it's the reason it's so popular. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Logo by Lori Goldstein - Why Do You Like Her Line?

I agree about the relaxed look and can understand why it would be forgiving to any figure. I guess when I think about it, the few times I have watched the presentations, there haven't been form-fitted tops for sale. She may have some; I just haven't seen them being modeled.

Valued Contributor

I have many LOGO tops that I love.  But I am selective in the styles that I invest in.  I think that LOGO works well for my body type - my shoulders are wider than my hips.  I'm close to being an "apple" shape.  I love that the style tops that I choose don't cling to my belly area.  

I believe the quality to be excellent, and I've never had a pilling problem.

Price wise, I agree that many are too expensive, and that has stopped me from buying often.  I prefer to wait for clearance (like some of the recent 75% off items) or "as is."  I will pay full price if it's a top or jeans or jacket that I really want.  There are certan colors and styles that I prefer.  I like the unadorned (no or minimal lace or embellishments), so I can wear them casually. I have actually cut lace bottoms off if I think it's too much and I can hide the cut.  

Lastly I like the boho vibe they give off.  They're different than a lot of things in the market place.

Honored Contributor

@Stevie Nix That's the word I would describe her things as, as well......boho! Glad you wrote that. Heart

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler

Her clothes are always comfortable.  They fit me better than other brands here. But have you noticed lately that other designers here are copying her style?

Her style suits me to a tee.  It can be casual or dressy.  I have my favorite fabrics, french terry with cotton, cotton cashmere, cotton modal, 100% cotton.  She always comes up with something unique that I just have to have.

I could go on.

Honored Contributor

@Hippiified Thanks for your input. I do like french terry. Very comfortable to wear.

I have noticed some similarities to her line in other designers....the layered/ruffled look at the bottom.

I think the bottom/hem of her tops would make my hips look bigger; that's my main concern. My hips are fine now, but I don't want to get something that accentuates that area.

I rarely watch her, only if it is on before something else I am planning to see. But when I have, it seems like her models are the thinner ones, so I thought maybe her items only look good on slim people. Could be wrong on that.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Hippiified Thanks for your input. I do like french terry. Very comfortable to wear.

I have noticed some similarities to her line in other designers....the layered/ruffled look at the bottom.

I think the bottom/hem of her tops would make my hips look bigger; that's my main concern. My hips are fine now, but I don't want to get something that accentuates that area.

I rarely watch her, only if it is on before something else I am planning to see. But when I have, it seems like her models are the thinner ones, so I thought maybe her items only look good on slim people. Could be wrong on that.

@World Traveler  That's odd, because I almost always see model Jackie, size large, modeling LOGO with the other models.

I"ve posted so many times here why I like LOGO that I will make this quick, because I'm kinda tired of repeatedly posting the same things.

My LOGO has held up just fine for many years (I've been buying since her first show).  No pilling, no shrinkage or coming apart - nothing.  I always hang my LOGO clothes to dry, and usually wash them in Dreft to preserve color and any delicate lace (Dreft baby detergent - doesn't have the chemicals other detergents have).

I agree about the comfort of LOGO clothes - they always are -- and also that they can be casual or dressy, even her sweat pants (I have a black pair with lace on the bottom that are slim cut and I wear those as I would dress pants; my comment isn't true for all of her sweat pants).  In fact, recently I gave a public eulogy in front of about a hundred people at a prestigious place, and I wore a LOGO TSV dress in black that was sleeveless so I also wore a years-old black LOGO cardigan with it, that had beautiful chiffon trim at the bottom in gray and black abstract print, like a marble-ing.  I got many compliments on my outfit and it was very appropriate for the occasion.  I looked quite dressed up. 

I don't like to look like everyone else --- I like to stand out from the ordinary and I like to have my own style.  

I rarely layer LOGO clothing. Layering is not a "must" in this brand. I layer when I'm wearing a cardigan that doesn't fasten closed, just as I would have to put something underneath any cardigan.  And speaking of LOGO cardigans, I often wear those that do close (usually with very pretty LOGO buttons) as tops rather than cardigans.

I could go on and on about why I like the LOGO line, but I'll stop here. 

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@World Traveler  That's odd, because I almost always see model Jackie, size large, modeling LOGO with the other models.

I"ve posted so many times here why I like LOGO that I will make this quick, because I'm kinda tired of repeatedly posting the same things.

My LOGO has held up just fine for many years (I've been buying since her first show).  No pilling, no shrinkage or coming apart - nothing.  I always hang my LOGO clothes to dry, and usually wash them in Dreft to preserve color and any delicate lace (Dreft baby detergent - doesn't have the chemicals other detergents have).

I agree about the comfort of LOGO clothes - they always are -- and also that they can be casual or dressy, even her sweat pants (I have a black pair with lace on the bottom that are slim cut and I wear those as I would dress pants; my comment isn't true for all of her sweat pants).  In fact, recently I gave a public eulogy in front of about a hundred people at a prestigious place, and I wore a LOGO TSV dress in black that was sleeveless so I also wore a years-old black LOGO cardigan with it, that had beautiful chiffon trim at the bottom in gray and black abstract print, like a marble-ing.  I got many compliments on my outfit and it was very appropriate for the occasion.  I looked quite dressed up. 

I don't like to look like everyone else --- I like to stand out from the ordinary and I like to have my own style.  

I rarely layer LOGO clothing. Layering is not a "must" in this brand. I layer when I'm wearing a cardigan that doesn't fasten closed, just as I would have to put something underneath any cardigan.  And speaking of LOGO cardigans, I often wear those that do close (usually with very pretty LOGO buttons) as tops rather than cardigans.

I could go on and on about why I like the LOGO line, but I'll stop here.