Honored Contributor

Re: Logo Ladies, Need Your Opinion, Age

@ditzier wrote:

Pearley, I forgot there were 2 oto's. The one I'm referring to was the french terry with ruffle bottom.  I never go for the split backs, I think they look weird.

@ditzier  Oh LOL because the one I was talking about also was French terry but with a single ruffle around the bottom!  And forgotten about the other ODO  but your description fit mine too! LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ditzier wrote:

Ladies, I would appreciate your opinion on the OTO last night, A-288890, french terry top. I keep debating if it looks to "girlish" for 63 years old.  This is an issue for me now, even though I keep forgetting how old I am.  I'm feeling as if the ruffles are not for ladies in their 60's. Thank you in advance.

@ditzier

I wear LOGO and I'll be 75 next month.   I think it depends on your own personal style, attitude / personality. 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  From your hip posts and your hip LOGO clothing, I would never have guessed you at 75!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi!   Just to expand on your observation:  75 years young...some celebrities who are 75: Aretha Franklin, Carole King, Charlie Watts.  My friends who are of this age all have very youthful  outlooks and wear hip clothing...(including my mom when she was 75!)  Just saw a lady on TV who is 93 and still drives.  She said she always had a thing for fast cars and just had a superfast ridealong in a Maserati convertible.  She did say she really wanted to ride in a Porche 911 with a spoiler in the back!  Age is just a number...wear the style that you want to wear including Logo ruffles if that is your fashion sense.  

Good for @ALRATIBA ...you go girl!  BTW, the use of "girl"in this context is not a put down folks!  I hope to still be around when I am 75 and will definitely maintain my young attitude.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@ALRATIBA  From your hip posts and your hip LOGO clothing, I would never have guessed you at 75!

@Pearlee

Even my doctor tells me I'm young for my age, and no one would believe how old I am. 

I think living in NYC has a lot to do with it.  We have very active lives!  Some of my friends are in their 80s and a couple in their 90s. (I was dating a guy who just turned 85!)    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Express yourself...it is your opinion that matters.  As long as you wear your clothes and the clothes don't wear you, go for it!   The ruffles are subtle and don't stick out like a tutu.  I would feel comfortable in this top.  I love many LOGO tops...they make me feel feminine, edgy, and totally myself.  If I felt self conscious and thinking about how I looked all day...I wouldn't purchase.  I enjoy dressing in the morning and feel confident and comfortable in my clothing.  Only you can determine if you adore this top and if it is an expression of yourself that will make you happy.  If not...pass.

Regular Contributor

I am a gray-haired 61.  I dress to my own tastes, and I like to feel happy in my clothes.  I think the older we are, the more we deserve to feel good.  Do what makes you happy!

Honored Contributor

@lilybelle wrote:

I am a gray-haired 61.  I dress to my own tastes, and I like to feel happy in my clothes.  I think the older we are, the more we deserve to feel good.  Do what makes you happy!

@lilybelle  I completely agree with your point, which is why it doesn't make any sense to me when LOGO haters  use the argument, "I never see anyone in my town wearing LOGO."  So?  What are these posters, lemming that will walk off a cliff too if all the others do?  That argument for not wearing LOGO is ridiculous!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@lilybelle wrote:

@lilybelle  I completely agree with your point, which is why it doesn't make any sense to me when LOGO haters  use the argument, "I never see anyone in my town wearing LOGO."  So?  What are these posters, lemming that will walk off a cliff too if all the others do?  That argument for not wearing LOGO is ridiculous!

@Pearlee wrote:

@lilybelle wrote:

It's dumb. There are a lot of women who don't buy clothes from TV. Whenever I wear my things from QVC or Evine some want to know where it came from and they're amazed I bought them from a home shopping channel. So no, if they don't watch they're not going to wear LOGO! And there is a teacher in the school I work at who wears it. She finds hers in thrift stores. She doesn't look like a bag lady either! I know this line is not for everyone, but stop shaming those who wear it. Separate​ the clothes from the person wearing it!

Respected Contributor

@ditzier

ageless..... My objection is that it is largely polyester instead of cotton and would be swelteringly uncomfortable in my part of town!!