Frequent Contributor

Logo Ladies, Need Your Opinion, Age

Ladies, I would appreciate your opinion on the OTO last night, A-288890, french terry top. I keep debating if it looks to "girlish" for 63 years old.  This is an issue for me now, even though I keep forgetting how old I am.  I'm feeling as if the ruffles are not for ladies in their 60's. Thank you in advance.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Logo Ladies, Need Your Opinion, Age

I am 67, I wear them. I am a large but kind of slim through stomach and hips. I ordered the sleeveless top with ruffle last night. Some times it is fun to dress different from the same old tshirt and  capris. These are peppy..enjoy

Honored Contributor

@ditzier   The issues for me, as I posted last night when the item was on the air on the show thread where we were discussing the show, was the split back, which IMO is not flattering on anyone who has a bit of a butt, as I do, not matter what her age.  The ruffles weren't any problem at all and I'm in my mid-60s.  I would have gotten the pink top with navy ruffle except for that split back, as I posted during the show.

Respected Contributor

I am usually the type of person who believes that you can wear anything that pleases you. It is funny that you are questioning this top because when I saw it I felt so sorry for Jackie. No one older than about 12 should wear a top with ruffles on the bottom. It looks like a tutu gone wrong.

Esteemed Contributor

The ruffle was to wide and the length of the top to short and the short sleeves made the whole top look off balance. It was  not flattering to the figure.  

Amy went on about ooey gooey and that was all she wrote turned the show off.

Ruffles when done correctly are feminine.  That just looked off.

Valued Contributor

@ditzier  I think if you like it and you know you would enjoy wearing it, you should.  I am in my late 50's, but am tall, so for me the ruffled bottom would be too high up to look good on me. If it were a bit longer, I would probably buy it. The colors available are pretty. 

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

Im 72 and I would wear it, but logo is too expensive IMO.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Frequent Contributor

I'm glad you reminded me about the sleeves, I watch for that also, my arms are really getting saggy, baggy.  Elbow sleeves used to work but my elbows are saggy also.  I really need to wear 3/4 sleeves in public.

Frequent Contributor

Pearley, I forgot there were 2 oto's. The one I'm referring to was the french terry with ruffle bottom.  I never go for the split backs, I think they look weird.

Occasional Contributor

I agree with you Hopi, I used to love to watch the presentations from Lori Goldstein, but now every time I see Amy as the host I change the channel, does she ever take a breath?