Respected Contributor

Logo Ladies, I need your help...

I don't wear a lot of dresses, but I do need to wear a dress/skirt occasionally.  I have some dressier Logo tops that I'd like to pair with a skirt.  I have this top in aqua and just waitlisted it in pink:  http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-34-Sleeve-Floral-Animal-Print-Knit-Top.product.A263234.htm...

Would you pair this top with a skirt?  Would you go with a longer skirt or a shorter skirt?  I know proportions are important.  I love this maxi skirt, but I don't want to look dowdy.

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Layers-by-Lori-Goldstein-Regular-Pull-On-Knit-Maxi-Skirt.product.A262468.htm...

I was also considering this skirt (even though I prefer longer), but the black is sold out.

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Layers-by-Lori-Goldstein-Pull-On-Knit-Skirt-with-Side-Ruching.product.A27337...

Please style me Smiley Happy  I'm 5'7" and currently wearing a medium in most Logo.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Logo Ladies, I need your help...

Hi @Trudey I purcjaed this top in the blue last year and I wore it with a short ( to my knee) white pencil skirt.  Hope this helps.

Trusted Contributor

@silver fox wrote:

Hi @Trudey I purcjaed this top in the blue last year and I wore it with a short ( to my knee) white pencil skirt.  Hope this helps.

Sorry don't know what happened I meant to write "purchased" this top. 

Honored Contributor

@Trudey - as soon as I saw where your question was going, I immediately thought of the black ruched LOGO skirt, even before I saw your link.  That would be my first choice.

I think any pencil skirt (formerly known as "stright skirts") would work.  I would want it to be at least two or three inches past my knee because of the length of the top.  I read @Silver Fox1' s post but I would prefer a longer (not ankle length though) skirt, like mid-calf due to the length of the top. 

As for the other LOGO skirt, that would be a no go with that top IMO more because of the fabric than it being ankle length.  That's Fr. terry isn't it?  If so I think that's too casual and too bulky a fabric for the top.  And anyway, I don't like a skirt quite that long with the long time - I don't think the proportions would look right.   But I say any black pencil skirt - since the LOGO ruched one isn't available, then any brand or fabric -  and the length should be mid-calf IMO or at least 2-3 inches below your knee. In a fairly dressy fabric or even rayon for spring would be fine.  Not necessarily a LOGO.  

Respected Contributor

@Silver Fox   @Pearley  Thanks for responding to my post.  I'm going to look for a simple black pull-on, straight skirt.  A little split in the back would be nice and I definitely want it to go below my knees.  If I can find this, I will be able to wear it with many tops that I have.

Esteemed Contributor

I have both those skirts and I think the ruched one would not be my first choice -- too much going on on the sides, but the length is right.  I like the look of longer tops with longer skirts, give it a try.  That being said, I think you should look for a midi length or one that hits you below the knee in a straight skirt.

Esteemed Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

I have both those skirts and I think the ruched one would not be my first choice -- too much going on on the sides, but the length is right.  I like the look of longer tops with longer skirts, give it a try.  That being said, I think you should look for a midi length or one that hits you below the knee in a straight skirt.

That longer skirt is in the rayon/span same as the top.

Respected Contributor

@Biftu

Thanks for the information on the two Logo skirts.  I have been wanting to try the black maxi skirt for awhile and I found a Susan Graver skirt that is shorter (just below the knees).  I just ordered both of them to see how they look with my tops.  If they work, they will definitely be wardrobe extenders for me.

I have the Logo printed maxI skirt in indigo and I love it.  I sized down to a small and it fits me perfectly.  I have a couple of QF navy tshirts that look great with it.  I also have the Logo cardigan with chiffon trim in dark blue which matches perfectly.

Esteemed Contributor

You are styling!  Hope those new skirts work for you.  I got that Logo maxi skirt on "as is."  Keep watching, one will pop up one of these days.  I really like mine.