Honored Contributor

Let's Help Dress @Trudey For Her Trip Next Week!

[ Edited ]

So, @Trudey, to answer something you posted to me on another thread, you'd like recommendations for LOGOs that we love to go on your trip.  For those who don't "know" you as well as some of us others, you are tall and busty and upper arm width can be an issue.  

First off, I don't think you should buy any LOGO for your trip just to buy something.  I will keep thinking on this, but please only buy pieces you think you'll love and will wear a lot in the months to come.  I think your blue LOGO "sweatshirt" or your lily white one would be great to take because they are cute and go with a lot (and any other colors you got I can't remember).

I just got  A276626 in the black (haven't tried it on yet) which I own already in the other two colors - chalk and toffee- from last year and I really like it and wore it a lot, even though it's over priced.  It's very comfortable and will be great for you all summer in the south where you live, and it also looks very nice under cardis. It does flare out but not a lot and not enough to make it look odd under cardis.  Very comfortable and attractive piece and all the colors it's available in will go with a lot (I like the toffee neutral which has enough color in it not to wash me out but to still be spring/summery.  The crochet work is very elegant.

I also received and tried on the new cotton handkerchief tank in coconut - A288867.  I like it a lot - much more than I expected to!  Love the weight of the fabric which is lighter than the long-sleeved version of this item (that many of us have) - perfect for summer - yet not the tissue thin cotton.  Also, although I needed to go up to the large after first getting the medium home in the long-sleeved version, I took a chance on the medium in this one because it was the arms and shoulders that were the problem in the long-sleeved one.  I have plenty of room in the medium in my new one, although given your bustline I don't know what to advise you size-wise.   I know you have an upper arm issue so I'd expect you would only wear this underneath something else, but it could easily be worn on its own - no bra strap or underarms-to-large problem for me.   In my not-good-light bedroom, the coconut looks fine but I'm not sure how much, if any, yellow tone it has.  So far I like it but my lighting is misleading.   By the way, I thought this would be short on me but it isn't! I'm not sure if it would be too short on you or not, but it was a better length on me than I was expecting.

Since you've had a lot of LOGO strike-outs lately, would you considering ordering another color of something else you love, such as the striped sweater? The one I recently traded the apple blossom for in black?  You might really love the apple blossom one - I did - and you know why I exchanged it for black.

I will keep thinking on this issue  for you.  I'd also take a look around locally if I were you - lots of sales and coupons this weekend.

Respected Contributor

Re: Let's Help Dress @Trudey For Her Trip Next Week!

@Pearlee. Thank you...you are such a great Logo friend.  While feeling discouraged that nothing I have ordered recently seems to work for me, I decided to shop my closet.  The pieces that I've pulled are: the waffle duster in shell with the vintage coral printed tank with pleated trim (this is a beautiful combination and will be nice for an evening out); the lilac blossom henley with either jeans or dark blue cropped leggings; my new striped sweater with slim black ankle pants; a pretty QF tunic with crop pants; and if my dark water blue jacket arrives and fits, I'll pair it with a Lounge printed tank and Logo bootcut jeans.  I agree that I shouldn't order anything specifically for the trip and it's amazing how much fun shopping my closet was.  I am going to order the striped sweater in apple blossom though...I really love that sweater and it is so flattering.  I have a confession...I gained weight over last summer and through the holidays.  I was so discouraged because all of my beautiful Logo pieces were too small.  I finally decided to do something about it and now everything fits great again (even a little loose). Smiley Happy

I would love to hear from the Logo Ladies who have made recent purchases that they love.  Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey  Big congrats on getting back to your thinner weight. It's great to ****** a weight gain the bud and do something about it right away.  Smiley Happy    Congrats too on shopping your closet and finding things, although the lilac henley (if it's the one I'm thinking of that now comes in vineyard) really might be too warm for this time of year.  OK to take it though as long as you also take cooler-to-wear clothing.  The temps can vary so much at this time of year.

I'll keep thinking though. Be sure to read the newest review on the LOTHP top thread - you might go for the blue color after you read it, although I thought the lace color on the blue one didn't quite "fit" with it.

Honored Contributor

Trudey, have a wonderful & safe trip!! Smiley Happy

For the most part I tend to do better with Logo winter clothing rather than summer items. I won't wear a tank alone for example since I need upper arm coverage and I find a lot of Lori's short sleeved tops are either too clingy or have too much emphasis on the hip area with ruffles.

However I did just receive this top A288857 in both blueberry & black cherry.  Both are super cute and have slimming silhouettes.

I also purchased two of the Denim & Co TSV wide leg beach pants A289177  (they come in petite, reg. & tall) and  was surprised that I love them as much as I do! I went back & ordered another pair and I'm waiting for them to be delivered.  They look great and are very comfortable & lightweight.

I don't know where you will be going but I just returned from visiting my mother in south Florida.  As expected it was warm & humid.

@Pearlee, I took a drive one day to Naples and got to see the Oh My Gauze shop.  It wasn't the larger store that's in Sarasota (hope to go there maybe next year) and was disappointed that they didn't have any of the handpainted tops there in the Naples shop but it was a very pretty & colorful store.  There was also a Fresh Produce shop and I love their clothing for summer & the beach.  I ended up buying a FP tunic & pair of capris that was very lightweight and felt great in the humidity....I ended up wearing it out of the shop!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9  Oh, FP!  Yes, there is one right near the Oh My Gauze! in Sarasota too!  I'm glad you found something there. Those clothes also are perfect for Florida weather.  I didn't think they had the handpainted clothes at the other store so thanks for confirming (I think they told me that once - that the "artist collection" was only at their flagship store, which I understand is much bigger than the one in Naples).  I'm just glad you found something cute and useful.  Hope you had a good time.  And I hope you make it to the Sarasota store and the Dali museum on your next trip.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@haddon9  Oh, FP!  Yes, there is one right near the Oh My Gauze! in Sarasota too!  I'm glad you found something there. Those clothes also are perfect for Florida weather.  I didn't think they had the handpainted clothes at the other store so thanks for confirming (I think they told me that once - that the "artist collection" was only at their flagship store, which I understand is much bigger than the one in Naples).  I'm just glad you found something cute and useful.  Hope you had a good time.  And I hope you make it to the Sarasota store and the Dali museum on your next trip.

@Pearlee Thanks I had a very nice trip! I'm really going to try to see if I can make the west coast trip a reality next time.  I would love to go to the Sarasota OMG store! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@Trudey sounds like you have a great plan in place already..... Shopping your closet. Did you post when the LTS the other day was the lightweight sweatshirt you had 3 others like it? They might be great for cooler nights. I took mine on my trip and wore it a lot. I can also recommend those DC beach pants already mentioned. They are not too wide but are very flatering. Comfy and no wrinkles. I wear them with a simple cotton button up blouse. I find when I travel I take too many dress up clothes and really only use my casual with tops or blouses and a scarf for a little drama. I always take to much. 

Valued Contributor

@haddon9 love love love Fresh Produce. Their French Terry tops are the best I have ever found and in such great colors. 

@haddon9 wrote:

Trudey, have a wonderful & safe trip!! Smiley Happy

For the most part I tend to do better with Logo winter clothing rather than summer items. I won't wear a tank alone for example since I need upper arm coverage and I find a lot of Lori's short sleeved tops are either too clingy or have too much emphasis on the hip area with ruffles.

However I did just receive this top A288857 in both blueberry & black cherry.  Both are super cute and have slimming silhouettes.

I also purchased two of the Denim & Co TSV wide leg beach pants A289177  (they come in petite, reg. & tall) and  was surprised that I love them as much as I do! I went back & ordered another pair and I'm waiting for them to be delivered.  They look great and are very comfortable & lightweight.

I don't know where you will be going but I just returned from visiting my mother in south Florida.  As expected it was warm & humid.

@Pearlee, I took a drive one day to Naples and got to see the Oh My Gauze shop.  It wasn't the larger store that's in Sarasota (hope to go there maybe next year) and was disappointed that they didn't have any of the handpainted tops there in the Naples shop but it was a very pretty & colorful store.  There was also a Fresh Produce shop and I love their clothing for summer & the beach.  I ended up buying a FP tunic & pair of capris that was very lightweight and felt great in the humidity....I ended up wearing it out of the shop!

Respected Contributor

I always think that I "need" something new when I'm going on vacation.  But, in fact, I have way too many clothes and so many beautiful Logo pieces.  I think that initially I was worried that nothing that I already had would fit...but after a lot of hard work and determination, everything in my closet is new again.  I could use some short sleeved tops, but I prefer my short sleeves to be be 10-10.5 inches long.

I also always think I need pack some dressier pieces, but mainly wear the most casual. This trip is going to be a family reunion for my DH.  It will be the first time that his mother will have all of her children together in 28 years.  I'm excited to see everyone and even meet a sister-in-law and her family for the first time.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey  I just tried on A276626 in the black and hereby withdraw my recommendation to you on this item.  The sleeves would be much too short for you.  I like them for coolness in the heat but they are pretty short on me, and I'm not self-conscious about my upper arms.  Also, this top is pricey and of my three, I like the black the least.   It's  a perfectly length for me and I love its light-weightness for the hot weather and I have a lot of bottoms to wear with it. My issue with it is that the crochet pockets in the front don't show up well (black against black) and we are paying for that beautiful crochet design!  They show up well on the toffee and the chalk but the black pockets against the black material makes the beauty of the crochet get lost.   The crochet in back looks good, esp. because my hair is short so it shows but it wouldn't be a great asset in the back for anyone whose hair covers where that crochet hits at the top of the neckline.  

I'm probably going to keep mine because I think I'd wear it a lot for its comfort. I love its silhouette on me and as I posted already, the weight of the cotton is wonderful feeling in the heat.   But the price paid for the embellishment is kind of wasted on the black.