New Contributor
Anyone else interested in seeing what LOGO could do with lantern pants? They are high end and always overpriced. I wish Lori would design some, especially in petite.
Esteemed Contributor

Well, I had to Google lantern pants. I had not heard of this style. I personally don't think they'd be flattering on anybody. I'm not a fan of this style, but to each their own.

Trusted Contributor

I made a pair of pants like these back in the early 80s. I still have them. They are also called "shalvar" and are very popular in Turkey, where they originated. They are very comfortable.

Honored Contributor

Remember the D&Co. beach pants from couple of years ago ...the wide ones with the side slits?

They were too long on me- so rather than takng the trouble to hem them, tied the side slits  -  with the wide legs, the turned out lke the pic below.   did the same thing with other drapey wide leg pants.

Image result for lantern pants women   

D&Co also had some pants that had a fuller leg and narrow cuffed hem - sort of a modified lantern .... I bought two pairs. I call them my zoot suit pants!

They still have them in stock:  A383294

Pull-On Drapey Cuffed Pants

product thumbnail

Honored Contributor

Where can I get some M.C. Hammer pants?  Remember those?  I think I'd be stunning.  I am SURE I'd be stunning!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

i had to google this style too as I have no idea what this means. Well, I saw a number of different cuts of legs that people call lantern pants.

@ALRATIBA   I checked out the d&co pants you noted with this item number. I like these, they remind me a lot of some of the zuda pants/trousers offered here. I like this fabric especially in the summer as they are very cool on a hot day. So I did just buy size small in the british tan. I will take off that non-functioning button, it's just not necessary. Thanks for the heads-up on this pant!

Honored Contributor

And there are the very similar harem pants, first popular i think during the TV show I Dream of Jeannie. They have been around for a very long time. They are very comfy, esp in summer since they are too big to cling anywhere.

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Remember the D&Co. beach pants from couple of years ago ...the wide ones with the side slits?

They were too long on me- so rather than takng the trouble to hem them, tied the side slits  -  with the wide legs, the turned out lke the pic below.   did the same thing with other drapey wide leg pants.

Image result for lantern pants women   

D&Co also had some pants that had a fuller leg and narrow cuffed hem - sort of a modified lantern .... I bought two pairs. I call them my zoot suit pants!

They still have them in stock:  A383294

Pull-On Drapey Cuffed Pants

product thumbnail

What a clever idea! They look great. Funny how I didn't  think to do that since I do tie up shirts that are to long just never thought of doing it on pants with slits.